New Jersey
Options

Central NJ Venue - HELP!!

Hi - I'm looking for a September - November 2013 wedding venue that is realtively inexpensive. I would like to be under $100 per person. Looking to invite 120-130 people. I would love to have it on a Saturday evening which I know is more difficult. I would like it to be around the central new jersey area - new brunswick / somerset / hazlet /woodbridge / east brunswick area.

Any suggestions? Any one have a wedding already with this kind of situation?

Thanks for your help!!

Re: Central NJ Venue - HELP!!

• Options
    I was in the same boat but ended up going with a hotel in Somerset for over 100pp :-/ ... but since I looked in the same area that you are looking, I'd suggest Rutgers Gardens (outdoor) or the East Windsor Holiday Inn. Those I have actually seen and are around $80pp. I think the Crystal Ballroom in Freehold has a similar price point to the Holiday Inn, but any other hotels I looked at in New Brunswick/Somerset were $100+. Best of luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

How about The Rosewood in Edison?  For a Saturday, after taxes, they were slightly over $100 per person.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    THe Rosewood in Edison
    Bridgewater Manor in Bridgewater
    I know you said central NJ but the Richfield Regency in Verona was under 100 for a Sat night in July.
  • Options
    Somerville Elks Lodge in Bridgewater, NJ.

It sounds ghetto but it looks nothing like and Elks lodge, honestly I almost didn't look into it, but my FI and I just booked it for our October 2014 wedding, we are paying around $76.00 per person after tax and gratuity (includes open bar).

http://www.somervilleelks.com/
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We are having ours at the Princeton Elks aka The Lodge at Montgomery and just as JoeAnne2013 said - it sounds ghetto but looks nothing like an Elks lodge.
    http://www.princetonelks2129.com/catering%202.html

You bring in a caterer which is nice because you can play with the prices a bit.
  • Options

Sept and Oct are very popular months to get married....I suggest looking more towards November.  I found venues were more willing to cut deals for November but really wouldn't budge for Sept/Oct.

• Options
    Check out PNC Arts Center in Holmdel or Lakeside Manor in Hazlet.  As PPs have said, costs can vary depending on the month/day so some flexibility can allow you to get a better deal.  
    Anniversary Visit JerseyShore.Weddings.com
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all your help! Really appreciate it. Still looking around at this point.
  • Options
    Another recommendation for the Somerville Elks.  It's surprising nice & is actually cheap.  Don't knock it until you at least go look at it.   The Woodbridge Elks also has a nice enough ballroom but the building is awful & they don't have a professional staff like Somerville.
  • Options
    Just a little further south, in Princeton Junction, I'm getting married at Mercer Oaks....great deal, fabulous food, and a wonderful coordinator...
  • Options
    I would highly recommend Vanity Fare in Lakewood! I know it's a little south of the area you were looking for, but it might be worth it. Their pricing is very reasonable and negotiable!. Their facility is gorgeous. We actually just booked our wedding their for Nov 2013!! A few friends of ours have been to weddings their they all had nothing but good things to say about them! Might be worth looking into! : Good luck happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards