Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Ceremony Music Meeting: Question

So I am having my solo violinist meeting Saturday with Steve Vance. He asked what I would like to accomplish at the meeting. Well heck if I know. What am I suppose to accomplish at the first meeting with a possible soloist? Any ideas. Have you guys done this yet?

Re: Ceremony Music Meeting: Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, can't help you with your question, but I will say that he played at the ceremony and cocktail hour for my sister's wedding and was FABULOUS!!! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lover326lover326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having Steven play at my wedding as well.  I'm actually in the military so I'm planning my PIttsburgh wedding long distance.  The last time I was in Pittsburgh I called him to meet up with him, and he asked why I wanted to meet.  He said we can accomplish everything over the phone.  Maybe that's what he meant??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since I planned from OOT, I never actually met my ceremony musicians until the day of the wedding. Some things we discussed over email though were location, set-up required (they told me how many chairs they'd need, for ex.), which songs I wanted played and when, the deposit and when I needed to pay in full.... those are the basics. I don't think it's necessary to meet in person, but I think it's nice if you can.
  • Options
    kristenrmu22kristenrmu22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh really. We can plan by phone. Interesting. Since we were able to see him face to face that will be nice. I guess we will just make a list of questions and go from there. 

Is he nice?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im having him play at my wedding this June! I Booked him a few months ago and he hasn't got back to me on meeting with him or to talk about what I had in mind for the wedding. Let me know how it goes:) good luck!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ashley: I will let you know how it goes. Did you book him for the ceremony or the strolling violinist or dj. I am curious as all heck how much the strolling violionist is...nervous cuz I want it so badly but I think is going to be out of my price range... ekkk. Talk to you after the meeting.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ashley and anyone else interested:

We met with Steven Saturday. It went great. I don't think it is necessary to meet him in person if you are doing more traditional music or if you have a handle on what type of music you want him to play. We did not fit into either of these categories. He was very helpful and provided a lot of ideas.  He worked with us on a package which included the ceremony and a strolling violinist for our cocktail hour and dinner reception. He was very flexible. We get our contract today and then we are booking him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards