Massachusetts-Cape Cod

Vendor Reviews

Ocean Edge Resort-A
We had a very good experience with Ocean Edge.  They seemed to take care of all the little details so that the day went very smoothly.  We originally worked with Antonette but then she left.  So we ended up working with Ashley.  My only complaint would have to be the room I stayed in the night before.  It had a view of the parking lot despite the steep price tag.  I was a little bummed about that.

Flowers-Stop & Shop -B
Okay, you get what you pay for.  I do have to say the flowers were beautiful but I was disappointed that my bouquet seemed to be smaller than my bridesmaids.  Also, be prepared to come in with your own ideas.....they have no books and offer little to no guidance on arrangements, etc. In the long run, you save money....but you lose customer service and expertise.  Having said that, the flowers themselves were nice.....my bouquet was just tiny. 

Suits-Chase Couture, Mashpee  B
The groom and groomsmen wore tan suits and opted to buy rather than rent.  Chase has a great deal-$150 for the suit plus alterations.  But, they try to sell you on shirts, shoes, accessories which are expensive.  They are very nice but their in house alterations person screwed up a few of the suits.  I would suggest bringing suits elsewhere for fitting.

Dress Fitting-Sew What, Hyannis  A

Janet from Sew What is a miracle worker. She totally reworked the bodice of my dress into a sweetheart shape rather than straight across.  She is realiable and her work is perfect.  She is also cousins with Dane Cook, which I find hilarious.  P.S. One of our groomsmen brought his f'ed up suit to her for reconstruction.  Haha.  She fixed it no problem.

Hair-Mirror Image Salon, South Yarmouth  A-
I think they did a great job overall and the salon itself is a great setting for a bridal party.  The only reason I gave an A- is that I felt as though my hair was a little flatter than I wanted. 

Makeup-Lisa George A

I had a horrible makeup trial and was ready to do my own.  But then I saw reviews for Lisa George and decided to give her a try.  Her associate Hillary did my trial and the day of makeup.  It was awesome.  Totally worth the money as it is a little pricey.  But she was able to give me the natural look that a lot of makeup artists seem unable to do. 

Nails, Pro nails, South Yarmouth  A
This is a little nail shop with a view of Bass River.  They do a good job-no complaints.

Chair rental, Undercover Tent , Dennis  A

These guys provided the chairs for our ceremony. They are easy to deal with and reasonably priced.  We had a beach ceremony and I think they only charged 25 cents or something crazy like that to set up.  Some other places quoted me over $100 just to set up.

Chair cover rental, Sitting Pretty Chair Covers, Party Cape Cod  B

The chair covers were perfect and I have no complaints regarding pickup/setup, etc.  The only reason I gave a B is because the girl I dealt with gave me an serious attitude during one of my calls.  I definitely wasnt a bridezilla or anything so this was kind of surprising.  But, I guess when you have a monopoly over chair covers, you let the customer service slack off.......

DJ-Steve McVie and Liz Solomon-A+

These guys are awesome.  Let me start by saying they were patient and never complained about multiple emails/requests for changes.  They kept the party going and played exactly what we wanted. I would highly suggest these guys!!!  Also, they give you a CD of your wedding music at the end of the night.  It was such a nice touch.

Photographer-Paul Blackmore  A
Paul is a friend of my husband but also a highly sought after photographer.  He photographs in the journalistic style so you dont feel like he is there but you know he is.  He does as many posed shots as you want, but his expertise is in candids.  My pictures came out awesome and he was really professional.  I would also highly suggest him.

Cake-Casual Gourmet  A
Our cake was included in our wedding package.  We met with Casual Gourmet once and gave them our specifications. Then it showed up the day of, exactly as we had ordered.  I didnt eat any at our wedding but everyone said it was great.

Videographer-Dick Osso    B
We obviously have not gotten our video yet.  So the reason I give him a B is because he didnt show up when he was supposed to.  Our agreement was that he come to Ocean Edge to film while the girls were getting makeup done.  He called my cell phone (which I wasnt checking-so I didnt get the call) to say he was late so he would go directly to the ceremony site. That sort of disappointed me.  But in the grand scheme of things it wasnt the end of the world.

Ceremony musicians, Tripping Lily  A

These guys are a great choice for a laid back musical backdrop to a ceremony.  We werent looking for the typical violin/harp/guitar.  They were on time and sounded great!

Trolley, Cape Destinations, Harwich  A

I dealt with Michaela from CD and she was very helpful and friendly.  The trolley was on time and clean, stocked with emergency items such as gum, hairspray, etc. as well as champagne for all aboard.  The driver was a friendly, grandfatherly type. Overall, our experience with them was good.

Invitations, Lady Slipper Stationary  A+

Cyndi Swann is awesome.  She is so sweet and really goes above and beyond for her brides.  I sat in her office for two hours picking out invitations only to totally change my mind and go with a totally different style.  She was so great and made me feel like she would sit with me all day if need be.  She is organized and can lead you in the right direction.....She will work with any budget and guarantee her work.  Plus when you work with her you can see the quality of invitation that you are getting.  I was big into having a thick quality card stock.  When you order online, you dont know what you are getting.  I HIGHLY recommend Cyndi.

Re: Vendor Reviews

• edited December 2011
    Undercover charged 25 cents per chair to set up. Oh and Paul Blackmore prints a picture of you and groom for each guest at wedding.  He puts the pic at each seat before dinner.  Such a nice touch!
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like a great successful wedding! Does Tripping Lily have a website? Did they do a cocktail hour too?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio/Blog 151 Invitedimage 108 Yes!image 22 No :-(image 21 Are turning me into a bridezilla!image RSVP Date Sept. 16
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like you had an amazing stress free wedding!

Any other advice on working with the Ocean Edge. We are getting married next august and was curious if you had any other bits of advice!
  • edited December 2011
    Tripping lily does have a website.....trippinglily.com.  I believe they will do cocktail hour....we used our DJ because we wanted a party/jimmy buffet/fun type of music. 

Miller45, where are you getting married at Ocean Edge? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards