40-Plus Brides
Options

Wow, we're slow since the T-giving holiday

I just wrapped my first present since it has to be shipped in the next week.  Not feeling any more Christmassy than before I did it.  Maybe when the tree goes up.  We're putting up the big one since mom is coming here instead of us going down there.  We need to clean the carpeting before the tree goes up tho so I don't know.  Much to do but very little enthusiasm on my part.

Plus side is I have most of the Christmas shopping done.

Your turn....

Re: Wow, we're slow since the T-giving holiday

• Options
    Not much Christmas spirit going on here....some presents purchased, house looks like someone sneezed Christmas, (only because Pete and Repeat did it while they were home for Thanksgiving break from college).....tonight I am going to purchase presents for children whose names I selected from our angel tree at work...hopefully that will help my spirit along....

Happy Day
  • Options
    We don't celebrate Christmas in our house so no decorations or anything like that. We do exchange Hanukah gifts with my family and Christmas gifts with DH's family so we'll have some shopping to do, but it's not crazy.

The thnigs I'm looking forward to are our anniversary on the 11th and the big NYE party we throw every year. We've even got a headstart on it this year and are trying to stagger buying things for the party (things that won't go bad like crackers, some cheeses, mixers, liquor, nuts), either when they're on sale or when we're at the supermarket anyway so we don't get hit with several hundred dollars at once like we normally do.

I took off Thanksgiving week and got a tremendous amount done -- bought a second desk for my office (and put it together myself since DH had to be out that night), painted my office (finally!) and we cleaned and cooked for Thanksgiving at our house and then a dinner for my parents two nights later. Busy and not exactly restful, but very productive!
  • Options
    It will be a cheap Xmas at my house this yearm about $150 per person on gifts.  I have almost all my shopping done, but nothing is wrapped.  Hoping to wrap after my cast comes off next Friday.  We have no snow here in VT.  We got 8" last Wednesday, but the temps this week have been in the 50's so its all gone.
  • Options
    Every year, I put aside funds for Christmas. It varies depending on how the year has gone. Well, this year isn't the worst year, but paying for a wedding reception didn't help.

My plan is to get a family "Big gift" which will be a portable hot tub. (I am certain all will be thrilled!)

then I have the following planed for kiddos:

16 year old girl - She actually provided some ideas this year! (Maybe because she didn't last year and I got her lots of gift cards!) She wants a leather jacket, combat boots (I'm iffy about those) and a pillow with built in speakers (very weird)

13 year old girl - She likes to sew and H has a sewing machine but it is old and keeps getting jammed. So I found a computerized/digital one refurbished by brother that even does lettering! it is less than $200 Plus some earphones that are not ear "bud" type - she says they hurt her ears - her music hurts mine.

10 year old boy - wants an iPod. We will see. Having H to get more details. If not I am getting him hunting/baseball/wii stuff.

Parents and IL's - Pictures from wedding (Ha!)

Siblings - Pictures from our wedding (Ha! Ha!)

H - this man wants a radio for his mid life crisis - I mean 1984 Land Cruiser (He uses for hunting) BUT, his brother already got one for him and just needs to install it for him. So he has always wanted one of those Sonic toothbrushes (This is the man that I got a towel warmer for his birthday and he went crazy - his sister couldn't believe it) - Plus there are two "heads" included so I get the benefits too!

My silly tradition is that I get underwear for their stocking. Seriously, it is so much fun. Especially when the girls starting wearing bras. Remember those little tiny bras?? Now they have them in bright fun colors...And then the boy I get fun things like Camo and Cardinal Baseball boxers. H got silk boxers last year...

Now if I can keep the cats out of the Christmas tree....
  • Options
    The tree is now up and DF has wrapped most of the gifts.  I'm making most of them for my family and I need to get a move on if I'm to finish in time or early.  I need to send out cards even though there's very little $ for stamps.  On the last push to get Christmas done and catch up on the last of the grandbaby stuff to end this year.  Starting in January we'll push for finishing wedding plans!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards