Virginia
Options

Outdoor wedding and reception locations near Staunton/ Verona / Harrisonburg/ Waynesboro?

This town is so small and doesn't advertise much of these things except for the pricey elegant Inn or indoor settings which is not exactly what I'm looking for. Anyone from around my area who knows a nice affordable outdoor place that can do both ceremony and reception? I'm running a little late on finding a venue so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance =)

Re: Outdoor wedding and reception locations near Staunton/ Verona / Harrisonburg/ Waynesboro?

• Options
    togetherin11togetherin11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Barren Ridge WIne vinyards is a beautiful place it's in fishersville

• Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks so much! I thought about vineyards but I wasn't sure if they were in the pricey category or not but I will definitely check that out =)
  • Options
    togetherin11togetherin11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you are very welcome hope I could be of help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The JMU Arboretum is very beautiful and quite inexpensive for an outdoor Virginia venue.  I don't think you have to be a student or alumni to book a wedding there.  You can either book a package or book everything separately depending on your needs and/or budget.  Here is the website: http://www.jmu.edu/arboretum/weddings.shtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow, that actually looks like a great place... I will have to give them a call too! thanks morri =)
  • Options
    mandym26mandym26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into Veritas Vineyard? It's a beautiful location and from what I've heard they offer reasonable prices.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Faerie, I checked it out and it looks beautiful, My wedding is in May, so hopefully the rainy days will be out of the way... I hope! And thanks Mandy, I haven't looked into that yet, but I will definitely check. My options are still open at this point.
  • Options
    tsetchel01tsetchel01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  I know it sounds odd, but a friend had her wedding at the Frontier Culture Muesum in Staunton.  They have a beautiful octogon barn set in a patch of woods. They had both the ceremony and reception there.  It was a beautiful wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards