Nebraska

Flowers and Cake

This is my second marriage and I'm getting married in Omaha at the Indian Creek Golf Course next May.  I don't want to spend a lot of money on flowers and a cake so I just thought about using Hy-Vee.  Does anyone know of anyone that's good, but not real expensive?  I want the wedding to be simple yet elegant. 

Re: Flowers and Cake

• edited December 2011
    If you do your food, cake and flowers through hy-vee, they should offer a 10% discount...!  Their flowers were the cheapest quote I found, and they last forever.  I would also suggest doing sheet cakes instead of a big fancy-schmancy cake. We are doing all sheet cakes and having a small cake for FI and I to cut--saving us about $750+

Good luck!
  • cerissacerissa member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hy Vee on 96th and Q did my wedding  cake.  It was gorgeous and inexpensive even though it had a LOT of detail to it.  I also had the floral department do my flowers.  I didn't have live floral centerpieces, but they did a cascading bouquet for me, all of the bridal party flowers and flowers on the cake.  The flowers were stunning and the previous poster is right, they lasted for a very long time after the wedding. 
  • Chasity08Chasity08 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers - Fleur De Lis Concepts located in Eagle, NE. Her prices are unbeatable, and she doesn't charge anything to deliver to Omaha. I got the following:

my bouquet - 24 roses
    6 BM bouquets - 12 roses
    11 bouts
    5 corsages
    toss bouquet
    3 bags of loose rose petals

all for $310. You are not going to beat that price anywhere in Omaha, especially for the quality of work that she does. Trust me...i did a lot of research   ;-]

For cake, we are having a girl I know that works at HyVee bakery do a small show cake, and then we are ordering 2 sheet cakes from the Cake Gallery to serve out of the back. I love the cake gallery's cake, it tastes soooo good, but I was not going to pay their prices for a show cake.

Hope this helps! =]
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Brandie at Fleur de Lis as well. She is so easy to work with and super affordable. I know she used to work with one of the most high end (read:expensive!) florists in town, and she's got her own business now. She's great.
  • edited December 2011
    Cake-we used Linda Tills. We had a four tier cake and a sheet cake, all with flavored fillings, and it wazs 176.00....and it was DELICIOUS!
    "The best thing about loving and being hurt is that you get to know what true love really is. For as gold is tested in fire, and so will love be perfected in pain."
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Planning Bio/Blog

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also using Brandie at Fleur de lis and her prices are unbeatable (I researched TONS of florists). She is very easy to work with and very sweet. She also does some really creative arrangements.

For cake: we are using Annette's Catering - she works in Lincoln and Omaha. She's incredible! We are actually doing a "fake" cake just for cutting and then doing a huge cheesecake bar and dessert buffet - all for less than a wedding cake to feed 250 ppl. I highly recommend her.....and we sampled everything and it's AMAZING!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards