Tennessee
Options

East Tennessee Wedding Venues

Hi everyone!! I am looking for rustic outdoor-sy wedding venues in East Tennessee. We are both avid hikers and grew up on farms, so we are looking for something that would fit our personalities. So we thought getting married in the mountains would fit but we're having a hard time finding venues that aren't like Gatlinburg tourist cheesy. Our guest list is around 50 and we're on a bit of a tight budget. Any help or advice would be great! Thanks in advance!!

Re: East Tennessee Wedding Venues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked into the Museum of Appalachia? Its rustic outdoor-sy and i guess somewhat "hiking." I have heard that it is around $500 to rent the place and you can do the ceremony and reception there. 
  • Options
    BronwynHBronwynH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll give a few recomendations:
    Twin Cedar Farm
    Sunnybrook Farm -- this place is very cheap and have accomodations for quite a few people there as well.
    The Barn Event Center in Townsed
    Sampson's Hollow
    I know that you can do it in the nation park (excluding October)  and it's only like $70 to rent a spot for it. There's lots of pavillions and different places to do it. You'd have to contact the park to do it though.
    Hope that helped!
  • Options
    eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of pretty venues in upper East Tennessee:

Maple Lane Farms in Johnson City
    Allendale Mansion in Kingsport (they also have a barn)
    Agota Springs in Kingsport
    Farmhouse Gallery and Gardens in Unicoi
    gazebo at Mill Springs Park in Jonesborough (contact Jonesborough Visitor's Center)
    Dogwood Acres Lodge in Johnson City
    Harvest Acres Farm in Limestone
    New Canton Plantation in Church Hill
    Rocky Mount or Sycamore Shoals (or any other state historic site)
    The Oaks Castle in Johnson City (where I got married)

• Options
    JPWJJHJPWJJH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any suggestions for Knoxville?  We are on an extremely limited budget and having trouble thinking of a place that isn't gong to cost more than everything else just to rent!

• Options
    eastTNbrideeastTNbride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the Knoxville Zoo if you are looking at something different. My brother is working with them now and they are very reasonable and willing to work on budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married March 31st at the Barn Event center they really will work with your budget, its beautiful! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards