Not Engaged Yet

Update on Venue shopping :)

Today was a good day.- had plans to visit 3 - but when we drove up to the third and it's backyard was basically in a residential area we just decided to cancel.
BUT the second venue we visited we fell in love with ! Beauitful mission style club house outside , great tall wooden doors , lots of archways and entrances , a huge terrace and patio area that is included with our rental and site fee for no extra charge , beautiful big bay windows lining the reception area , vaulted ceilings with simple lighting and a wonderful view of the valley area.

Asked ALOT of questions - all which were answered with a great deal of professionalism and advice and even told where we could rent things , what they could offer us for free such as pedestals and the arch for the ceremony , votive holders , etc. The coordinator is amazing and so cordial and inviting! She squeezed us in very late notice due to having to coordinate schedules and was so warm and friendly and i adore her ! She also is there the day of and we get access to the facility 3-4 hours for setup and they also do most of it as well - no extra charges for set up or breakdown. We decided to change our date from a Saturday to a Sunday - and that alone is saving us over 1500.00 just on the site/room/ceremony fee. The fee will be 900.00 for use of the site and facility for 5 hours - also includes floor length linens and napkins in white or champagne , china , glassware , flatware , bartender , bar glasses , bar servingware , the arch for the ceremony and other good stuff. They have very reasonable beverage package prices as well as great buffet choices , no extra charge for vegetarian options and even were quoted a very resonable price range for a signature cocktail. We both envision ourselves getting married there - i couldn't believe how i felt and still do about it !  If anyone is interested it is here at :
http://www.poppyridgegolf.com/weddings/

and some photos - will add more to my Bio soon as I make one -
http://www.bellapictures.com/venueMontage/index.php?venue=poppyridge

We will be putting our deposit down the first week of May when we go over the initial contract - FI LOVES the venue , as do I and my MOH has attended weddings and receptions there and is excited to go again!

We also met with our photographer - a high school friend of my MOH and FI and she is omg so sweet and cute and takes some beautiful photos! She even suggested an area to shoot our engagement photos which FI totally forgot about but it's The Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco - lots of tall columns and buildings that just have such a historic feel to it that we both love ! So we are set on a venue and photographer now - putting deposit down on the venue next month and deposit with the photographer on July 31st when we take our engagement photos. This is really happening and i suddenly have so many ideas it's crazy i'm so happy and excited , thanks all for your amazing words of advice , i <3 you all :)
Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Update on Venue shopping :)

• katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aw tafft!! it looks beautiful!! you guys must be so excited!!
  • Ana_2985Ana_2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow that is beautiful!  I'm glad everything is turning out so nice for you!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ooooh, gorgeous venue!!! Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• loopy82loopy82 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is a very beautiful location! I love that it over looks the mountains! I'm glad that you are so excited about your venue and photographer!

I'm excited to get out to CA again. My FSIL is getting married in Monterey next April.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Wow that place is beautiful! Congrats on finding such a great place!

Also, YGPM tafft
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Wow, that sounds great! I'm so glad our advice helped. Yay!
    Anniversary
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for all your support , suggestions , kind words and congrats , i haven't been this excited since my FI proposed ! Seeing the venue and getting a feel for it all has allowed my creative side to take over - i've got loads of ideas i will be putting together into a Bio soon.

We also have a DJ - another friend of my MOH who is awesome and offered to do it for free which of course i couldn't allow so trying to convince her to let me pay her more than she feels she deserves lol ! We also have a great lead on a florist and bakery/cake vendor as well. Things realy are coming together :) These next few months are pretty hectic for me and FI - family trip in May ,,when we come back will be putting down our deposit and going over things ,May 20th is our 1 year anniversary, June is quiet , then July 9th-11th going to vegas with online friends and it;s my birthday weekend , woohoo. Then going to start looking at Save the Dates by July/August and wedding invites by early winter .

We know we are doing things early , but we have ALOT of out of towners and as much time is needed for them and the earlier they get all the details the better and better for us to know what we are looking at worst and best case scenario.
    We both fell in love with the venue and love the fact it's out of the way with no residential areas nearby and have alot of freedom as far as decoration and area to work with. This year is gonna fly by :)
    Photobucket Anniversary www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    It looks amazing! So beautiful! We're having our reception on a golf course too Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tafft that looks BEAUTIFUL!!  I'm so glad you found somewhere you both love!! Great find;)

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have to thank my co workers for suggesting it actually. Several of them live in the area so knew about it and highly recommended it , now I see why :) It's also only a 10 minute drive for us and about half of the guest list is 30 minutes or less as well , whee! Sorry I am so excited I just never thought this would be happening to me..and it's starting to sink in and feel "real". My photographer had some amazing ideas for decor and even something i hadn't thought of to do for my mother. We will be saving my late mother a seat , and placing a few white tulips on the seat ( her favorite flower) so that she is still "there" . I about cried hearing her idea :)
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tafft, that's such a sweet idea about your mom!!  That will be a lovely way to have her there.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • bajedivabajediva member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    how did i miss this thread all day?
    i guess i usually dont comment on actual planning stuff since i know next to zilch about it at this point, but congrats on such an amazing find. it seems like a great package, and above all, you seem truly happy, which is awesome!
  • edited December 2011
    Finding the venue is the biggest and best feeling check mark.  So, congrats!  The place is beautiful.  
  • hetshuphetshup member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I too missed this all day. Tafft that place is beautiful, esp in May it should be great! And it's so nice that you will have all that stuff taken care of there, that is really worth it. What do you caterer options look like?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tafft1tafft1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you again ladies i'm still on an emotional high :)

They do catering in house - the reception hall is actually a resaturant attached to the clubhouse and their food and service both for small and large events and parties has been raved about in local papers and by local people as well. My MOH has been there several times and my co workers have raved about the food and they have a good selection of things as well. We are doing a buffet - and for the base price we will get 2 salad options , 2 starch/veggie options , 2 entree options and the ability to add an extra vegetarian option for no cost , seasonal veggies , rolls and butter as well. We are considering adding a third entree just to have more variety as well as adding on an Hor Duerve package. Also because we are holding it on a Sunday we get a 5.00 off per entree/head as well. That definitely adds up!

We are going out of house for our cake - we have some leads on some amazing bakeries in the area also with any other vendor we do not have to pay any extra charges which is great. While they do provide us a full list of local vendors they have worked with and have a good reputation with , we are not required to go with only them. We get a free tasting included for up to 4 main duos/options and then we can also taste one of each of the starch and salads - where as other places in the area were going to charge us full price aside from one entree/side.

We really are lucky to find such a gem so close to home. Also many of the local hotels actually offer FREE shuttle service from and to the venue as long as we book some ahead of time. Our coordinator let us know about that and several other local resources I wasn't aware of. There also isn't a early cut off time for Sunday - many places you have to be out by 9pm or 10pm that we were looking into at first. Also we have 45mins to an hour before we acrue overtime charges. We plan to have a ceremony between 4:30 and 5:30pm and go from there. This is a huge weight off my shoulders and I had a printout of questions and I asked them all and it was thanks to all of you ladies <3 !

• edited December 2011
    I know I'm late but I just wanted to say I'm so excited for you tafft!!!  And the venue looks BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards