Snarky Brides

Too many B*&%@*S!

Re: Too many B*&%@*S!

• edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:9b5eb12d-2bc0-4654-93d6-42130f058bf5">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too many B*&%@*S! : Most of the people I know on here are way more creative and hilarious in their responses than "you are effin; stupid." This makes me believe you don't spend much time on other boards. If anything, we often flame people who do nothing but throw party lines or are over agressive to newbs. Furthurmore, the first few posts in response to a vague OP are almost ALWAYS asking for clarification. I would spend some more time around here before shooting your mouth off.
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Actually, I do.  I usually don't respond if the question's been really, fully answered, which doesn't mean I don't read the responses.  If eight people are all saying the same thing, I don't particularly feel the need to chime in, though I do read it because people bring up points, ideas and etiquette that's new or different to me.  I said, specifically, it annoys me on <em>other</em> boards, meaning I've seen it.
    And my "you're effin' stupid" was not a literal translation of what people say.  Come on now.
    Shooting my mouth off?  Is that what it's called when you state an opinion?   I stated a very specific issue I have and moved on.  But I guess that's a difference in semantics, huh?
  • Yeah yeah, I am sure you have seen it. Obviously it DOES happen, but not often and not by any one who is a serious regular. Also, most times you see it it is because the question was JUST asked a few threads below.  But, if you spend more than 65 posts of time here and you will realize that you are overreacting about it.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:0b7a9011-4758-42a0-893f-dfde0c9bace9">Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK so i'm just noticing a recurring pattern on these boards. and that's other brides being total bitches to girls who post. Seriously ladies. everyone is acting like were in the high school cafeteria. It really sucks too when the Bride who posts has a real question or a real problem and she just gets jabs from all angles. not advice but putdowns, and attitudes, and flatout bitchiness. It really makes the boards unenjoyable when all the comments are slams at the bride, or even eacother. I've seen that too. WTF! I think more damage is done on these things than good. I may be a little biased because I had a situation like it too. I had a question and needed advice and no one helped, just made me feel bad about myself. I tried to respond as nice as i could to all the low blows but the bitches just kept coming. Then I lost it and went total bitch myself. But I have just had enough. Stop being assheads and be supportive fellow brides.
    Posted by MrsParker6411[/QUOTE]

The only reason you think we are all b*tches is because we on the Lansing board didn't support your idea of having your ceremony 2 HOURS away from your reception site.  Sometimes brides have terrible ideas, and don't like it when people disagree with them.

For other's reference, here is the link to her post:

<a rel="nofollow" href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_ceremony-stressin">http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-lansing_ceremony-stressin</a>

Edit:  I should have read everyone's responses and realized you found the post.  But I couldn't believe she came back to this board (of all places!) to complain.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:5357606f-744e-4936-ab23-d21eef9d8b59">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah yeah, I am sure you have seen it. Obviously it DOES happen, but not often and not by any one who is a serious regular. Also, most times you see it it is because the question was JUST asked a few threads below.  But, if you spend more than 65 posts of time here and you will realize that you are overreacting about it.

I concede.  I am the dumbest, mouthiest, newb ever.  Sorry for stating my horrendously incorrect opinion, sorry it was contrary to your facts and sorry for thinking I was allowed to have an opinion in the first place with my 65 (ooh, make it 66) posts.  What the hell was I thinking?
  • I don't know why you are surprised I got annoyed when you suggested something that was not true about the majority of people who do care to help brides and spend a lot of time doing so. All I am saying is lurk more before you talk the talk. It is common sense really.
  • I lurk on these boards pretty frequently and I really enjoy the Snarky board!  The brides are pretty straightforward, but they are aren't outriight rude. Just honest. And I gotta say, the OP is, ummm, pretty rude.
    No need for name calling.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:0b7a9011-4758-42a0-893f-dfde0c9bace9">Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Stop being assheads and be supportive fellow brides.
    Posted by MrsParker6411[/QUOTE]

So how is not rude/disrespectful for you to call me an asshead but it IS rude of me to tell you that I don't like your idea of having a ceremony and reception two hours away from each other.

Now thankfully I have thick skin and I can take snarky and bratty comments as they come.  And if you want to call someone out, have the guts to do it on the original board where the original post happened. 
  • Just read the original post from OP.  Oh my.... where does anyone begin with this mess. 

I was torn a new one on the budget board when I first started posting (at least I felt that way probably because I wasnt used to internet forums).  I had definitely been lurking on that board in particular and it didnt seem to be dangerous (LOL) but I was apparently wrong.  I admit that I was being SUPER sensitive and now while I think some people were WAY too harsh and truly did not even pay attention to what I had asked about or what I was saying I realize that this is an internet board and a little attitude is to be expected.  And some people are VERY helpful... I do agree that I have noticed a few (not a majority just a very small number of people) that find it impossible to be constructive but again this is the internet and you cant expect everyone to be helpful.

I have a pretty sarcastic and maybe at times snarky perspective on things so while I dont post much on here I get a pretty good kick out of reading different posts on here.

I am extremely puzzled as to why OP chose this board to complain.  No one even said a rude word to her they just answered her question.  If you ask a question and people answer it in a polite manner and then even make helpful suggestions with websites to look at what is there to complain about? 

I admit it took me a while to start to really enjoy the attitudes and humor and sarcasm on the boards but them I reminded myself that everyone is saying what Ive always wanted to say to peoples faces but cant because it feels mean.  This gives people the opportunity to speak the truth. 

So in the end OP get over yourself, you are ridiculous and silly and apparently didnt care that much because up to now anyway you havent come back.
  • I agree with the OP and I think she is brave to say what SO many brides think.  I can't tell you how many people find out I use the knot and say they loved the advice but couldn't stand the same annoying, crazy girls (most of which have been married for years).  I always respond the same- yea- they can be super annoying- but when that happens- I usually just walk away from the knot for a few days or weeks.

She has a really good point- some people are just rude.  It is the WORST part of the knot.  My wedding is such a positive thing in my life and I can't stand negative people.  I have lived my life with the the glass half full perspective and I believe I smile more (& enjoy life more) as the result.  (My FI decided that most of the girls on the Bridezilla show are just always cranky- who wants to be around that?!?)

Flame me if you want to waste your time on what I think.  I just think it is refreshing to see someone with a strong enough personality to have the guts to say what she thinks knowing she is outnumbered.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:bb8cc54d-b67b-4725-9d07-cfec4adc0395">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the OP and I think she is brave to say what SO many brides think.  I can't tell you how many people find out I use the knot and say they loved the advice but couldn't stand the same annoying, crazy girls (most of which have been married for years).  I always respond the same- yea- they can be super annoying- but when that happens- I usually just walk away from the knot for a few days or weeks. She has a really good point- some people are just rude.  It is the WORST part of the knot.  My wedding is such a positive thing in my life and I can't stand negative people.  I have lived my life with the the glass half full  perspective and I believe I smile more (& enjoy life more) as the result.  (My FI decided that most of the girls on the Bridezilla show are just always cranky- who wants to be around that?!?) Flame me if you want to waste your time on what I think.  I just think it is refreshing to see someone with a strong enough personality to have the guts to say what she thinks knowing she is outnumbered.
    Posted by PharmacyBride[/QUOTE]

Well aren't you just a better person than all of us? I would congratulate you, but you're doing that quite enough for yourself.

I figure I already "wasted my time" reading your post, so I'll waste a little more to respond. So all these brides you know love the knot but not the annoying posters... I bet I know the same number of posters, if not more, who'll say that they love this board but can't stand the whiners. This is the culture of many of The Knot boards. If it bothers you so much, why haven't you left for weddingwire or someplace "nicer?" And of course there are some married ladies on here. What good would it do for the quality of wedding planning advice here if no one had actually done it to completion yet?

You're entitled to your negative opinion of some of the posters here, but hitching your wagon to the OP makes you look bad, because if you read the post she was complaining about, she got nothing but honest advice. Her then coming here to call everyone bitches and assheads makes her no better than the rude, annoying posters you're complaining about. So either we're all bitches (including the OP) or we're all not, but you can't have it both ways.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Beatles, stop making so much sense, it scares off all the "brave" brides with "guts."
  • You mean the ones with stronger personalities than ours? Oh noes, my bad. I'll go back to being a bitchy, married caricature of a poster so that people can continue feeling like they're better than me. *scuttles back into married hag hole*

p.s. There's ice cream in the hag hole if you'd like to join me.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:005d753c-7a4c-4043-84c3-aeaa5c69e882">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]You mean the ones with stronger personalities than ours? Oh noes, my bad. I'll go back to being a bitchy, married caricature of a poster so that people can continue feeling like they're better than me. *scuttles back into married hag hole* p.s. There's ice cream in the hag hole if you'd like to join me.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

I am having the ODDEST feeling of deja vu! You?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:62eaf16c-3db8-480c-929b-2ec897616431">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Too many B*&%@*S! : I am having the ODDEST feeling of deja vu! You?

Oui oui mon cheri. ;)

• If you knew me- you would know I don't think I am perfect.  But I do try to make sure my actions (including the way I treat strangers) is something my family and friends would be proud of (I don't always succeed but I try).  Because I live my life so differently than many of the snarky posters- I can't relate or understand why you do what you do (& say what you say).

Calling brides stupid or other personal attacks is taking your honest opinion to a level that some consider annoying.  I don't expect you guys to change your ways- and when you annoy me- I just stay away from TK for a few days- then I choose to come back.

All of my previously married friends warned me about the snarky brides.. (and they gave up the TK a long time ago. ) This means - all the good advice they could have given to new brides went with them.  I think this board would benefit from more perspectives (like my friends)- but that is just my opinion.

As far as the OP- all I did was agree with her comment-  I don't know her and didn't attach myself to her.  You can agree with someone on one issue and not others.

I do think she is brave.  I wrote that same post the first week I was on TK boards, never posted it, and then stayed away for about 2 weeks.  I decided.. telling the snarky brides they are annoying won't change anything.  I did respond to this post, however, because I wanted the OP to realize people do agree with her.. they just don't want to get flamed for it.

By the way- I knew you girls would attack me- and if you want you can continue to do so- I really don't care.  It doesn't bother me anymore if you attack me or people who have it coming (ie. bridezillas) but it does bother me when you take it too far or when you attack someone who is just clueless (or clueless in your opinion).  It's like witnessing jocks make fun of a fat kid (or gay/disabled/unique/etc)- it turns my stomach!

Good night all- I stayed up way too late as it is.
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:7c5506fa-3b13-46c2-8842-c2d47bc7d86b">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you knew me- you would know I don't think I am perfect.  But I do try to make sure my actions (including the way I treat strangers) is something my family and friends would be proud of (I don't always succeed but I try).  Because I live my life so differently than many of the snarky posters- I can't relate or understand why you do what you do (& say what you say). Calling brides stupid or other personal attacks is taking your  honest  opinion to a level that some consider annoying.  I don't expect you guys to change your ways- and when you annoy me- I just stay away from TK for a few days- then I choose to come back. All of my previously married friends warned me about the snarky brides.. (and they gave up the TK a long time ago. ) This means - all the good advice they could have given to new brides went with them.  I think this board would benefit from more perspectives (like my friends)- but that is just my opinion. As far as the OP- all I did was agree with her comment-  I don't know her and didn't attach myself to her.  You can agree with someone on one issue and not others. I do think she is brave.  I wrote that same post the first week I was on TK boards, never posted it, and then stayed away for about 2 weeks.  I decided.. telling the snarky brides they are annoying won't change anything.  I did respond to this post, however, because I wanted the OP to realize people do agree with her.. they just don't want to get flamed for it. By the way- I knew you girls would attack me- and if you want you can continue to do so- I really don't care.  It doesn't bother me anymore if you attack me or people who have it coming (ie. bridezillas) but it does bother me when you take it too far or when you attack someone who is just clueless (or clueless in your opinion).  It's like witnessing jocks make fun of a fat kid (or gay/disabled/unique/etc)- it turns my stomach! Good night all- I stayed up way too late as it is.

First of all, I wasn't attacking you. I was responding to your post, just like you've responded to mine. I never called anyone stupid, and I certainly don't make fun of gay/disabled/etc. individuals. I think you're being very passive aggressive and it's not helping you make your point very well. Again, you can't <em>not care</em> about being flamed and then be sick to your stomach about it. You just want to make a dramatic exit, I get it.

Second, you are basically admitting that you came to this board with a biased view from your friends of how horrible and mean people are here, and then you continue to hang around Snarky Brides to prove yourself right. The fact that you've held on to your original post in this thread for 2 weeks, waiting for a moment to use it, is also proof that you are intent on maintaining your skewed view of the boards, and not opening yourself up to the possibility that you are wrong.

I think your low post count is evidence that you haven't been exposed to all the good on these boards, since you're so primed to pick up on the "bad." There are dozens of other boards on TK that are full of super supportive and validating people. The local, monthly, and special topic boards are where many people depend on getting their planning advice from a small group that will be there for them. This board and a couple other well-known boards are the exception. If you'd been around longer and hadn't been looking for trouble, you would know that.

And you can't accurately make statements about how other posters here live their lives. You know them as well as they know you, which is limited to what is posted here. I assure you that if you maintain this attitude that you're better than anyone else, you won't like it here very much. Not that you seem to now. Why are you here again?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:f596f9d6-cdeb-4958-9b39-1861b31e9a79">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I mean it is a snarky board, I feel like if you want a nice answer, there are about 20 other boards on this site for you to post on, but if you are going to come here then you are going to get the honest truth.  
    Posted by felicia220[/QUOTE]

Yup.  My sentiments exactly. It's the SNARKY board, not the "Let's be really sweet and say we agree even when we totally don't" board. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Me thinks pharmacy bride is trying MUCH to hard to act like this isn't bothering her.

If it really didn't, you wouldn't feel the need to write 5 paragraphs of jibberish that do nothing to counterpoint anything of substance but are just more of the same narrowminded vision. Well, I guess you did try to throw a few more punches by saying we call people "stupid" and act like we are making fun of the "disabled kid." Not going to work, nope, now way no how.
  • Well if you want to respond to a post.. respond with bit more accuracy.  To clarify:

"Again, you can't not care about being flamed and then be sick to your stomach about it. "
    I said I don't care if knotties flame me.. I said it turns my stomach when they make personal attacks on others ("take it too far") just because they are "clueless in your opinion"

"The fact that you've held on to your original post in this thread for 2 weeks, waiting for a moment to use it, is also proof that you are intent on maintaining your skewed view of the boards, and not opening yourself up to the possibility that you are wrong."
    I didn't hold on to anything for 2 weeks.  I wrote a post in word then deleted it (never posted it; never saved it)- gosh- that would be a little sad if I saved it waiting to use it.

I didn't come in with a biased opinion- I thought my friend was being over-dramatic.  When I witnessed what she was referring to for myself- I ended up agreeing with her.  Then other former brides chimmed in and told me they thought the same thing.

The snarkiness flows into almost every board.  If it bothers me that much- I can just stay away from TK- which I sometimes do.

I will end with my 2 main points.
    1. Your snarkiness does annoy other people- everyonce in a while a knottie will get fed up and say something.
    2. Your snarkiness keeps people off the KT - and these brides could have offered great suggestions/responses.  It would have been nice to hear what they had to say.

Go ahead and continue to be snarky- it's a free country. I may not understand why you say what you say- but I do know you are never going to change.

PS. the KT did teach me a lot- especially the DIY boards!!  My postcount is low b/c I have only been engaged for 4 months and spent most of my time reading posts.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:e84a89a5-e3ad-401c-a11b-76cd415aaa2c">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well if you want to respond to a post.. respond with bit more accuracy.  To clarify: "Again, you can't not care about being flamed and then be sick to your stomach about it. " I said I don't care if knotties flame me.. I said it turns my stomach when they make personal attacks on others ("take it too far") just because they are "clueless in your opinion" "The fact that you've held on to your original post in this thread for 2 weeks, waiting for a moment to use it, is also proof that you are intent on maintaining your skewed view of the boards, and not opening yourself up to the possibility that you are wrong." I didn't hold on to anything for 2 weeks.  I wrote a post in word then deleted it (never posted it; never saved it)- gosh- that would be a little sad if I saved it waiting to use it. I didn't come in with a biased opinion- I thought my friend was being over-dramatic.  When I witnessed what she was referring to for myself- I ended up agreeing with her.  Then other former brides chimmed in and told me they thought the same thing. The snarkiness flows into almost every board.  If it bothers me that much- I can just stay away from TK- which I sometimes do. I will end with my 2 main points. 1. Your snarkiness does annoy other people- everyonce in a while a knottie will get fed up and say something. 2. Your snarkiness keeps people off the KT - and these brides could have offered great suggestions/responses.  It would have been nice to hear what they had to say. Go ahead and continue to be snarky- it's a free country. I may not understand why you say what you say- but I do know you are never going to change. PS. the KT did teach me a lot- especially the DIY boards!!  My postcount is low b/c I have only been engaged for 4 months and spent most of my time reading posts.

*sigh*

Please reread what Meaghan&Michael wrote. You still don't get it.

Now that you've nitpicked and overdefended the crap out of all this, it's clear that you will always have an excuse for everything. So you should know this then:

- No one except you cares that your friends were "scared" off TK. Sorry it didn't work out for you to have all your buddies online, but I'm not taking responsibility for all the super-fantastic people and things and discussions that <em>could have been</em> on here because I am "snarky." And I don't think anyone else should either. It's a PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARD. No one here is obligated to make it accommodating for anyone else, but we usually get along just fine. You come, you go, you post, you discuss, and if you don't like it there are eleventy billion other wedding resources on the web. So pardon me if I don't shed a tear for the Knotties we lost but never had.

- I'd really like to see these meetings that you apparently attend, where "SO many brides" once loved TK and now don't because of people like me. Is there a monthly newsletter where I can catch up on who's in and who's out? Or is it really just your group of friends so it seems like the whole wide world is hurting because of the meanies?

- It makes no difference that you didn't "save" your original post, but deleted it. My point was, it's been in the back of your mind this whole time, and you have been waiting for someone else to say it first so you could ride in here on your high horse and tell us off.

- OF COURSE your post count is low because you've been here less than 4 months. That's my whole point. It's not a bad thing that it's low, but when you start to make sweeping generalizations about the whole board based on your limited experience here, it makes you seem very foolish indeed.

• lol our meeting was at a bowling alley waiting for a lane-- just a short convo over a few beers

they have long married- so i don't expect them to be online- i just meant "brides like them"  even you can agree the more perspectives answering a bride's question - the better it is for the OP (but I don't think you guys have questions anymore)

And TK is full of brides like me- recently engaged and planning a wedding- we search through the boards looking for helpful advice from questions posted by other new brides like us .. we lurk for awhile then post a question of our own if we don't find our answers

I see first time posters asking other knotties "to go easy on them"- obviously these new brides got the same impression from TK as I did (the advice can often be good- but be careful- no matter where you post- if the snarkys start with you- the post will take on a new life full of tangents and drama)

• i totally agree with mewebster...just take the advice for what it is. These people do not know your situation..so some of the bitchy comments might be helpful and others not.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:a46eedaf-e466-45d1-8c04-478f1efebe81">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]i totally agree with mewebster...just take the advice for what it is. These people do not know your situation..so some of the bitchy comments might be helpful and others not.
    Posted by alexlad[/QUOTE]

I mean this could be said for any comment at any time on here really, no? The point is that people try to be honest about what etiquette, common sense, and gracious behavior dictate and if some one is being bratty, it might get bitchy.  Oh noes.
  • I'm not married, Beatles, but I still want the ice cream.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • I think you got pretty bad answers here, but you have to admint that posting *that* here wasn't your smartest move. Yes it's true that there are some brides over here that are mean, BUT I read your thread *the one about the 2 hours drive for the ceremony* and I was just thinking about how all the posts were polite and very helpful! So I really don't understand why you are complaning.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:fc360deb-a4aa-407a-a808-5f155b0f585e">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I think you got pretty bad answers here,</strong> but you have to admint that posting *that* here wasn't your smartest move. Yes it's true that there are some brides over here that are mean, BUT I read your thread *the one about the 2 hours drive for the ceremony* and I was just thinking about how all the posts were polite and very helpful! So I really don't understand why you are complaning.
    Posted by jackiie.glez[/QUOTE]

Well, seeing as the OP didn't even ask a question...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:27839c29-4f86-4b01-8ccb-ef46d50ae337">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm not married, Beatles, but I still want the ice cream.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

You might not Mery. It tastes bitter and of lifelong regrets.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:63427050-1403-44b1-a25b-8676d5ac559b">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm way too late to this party - but as one of the people who politely tried to explain that a four-hour round-trip extravaganza for her ceremony was perhaps not in her guests' best interest ... I'm finding this especially hilarious.  Thanks, ladies, for posting the link ... I re-read it, and am feeling pretty good about myself that I didn't call her selfish, self-indulgent, or a self-centered little priss.  I mean, THAT would be bitchy, right?  But I didn't do it, <strong>so they should make me a mod on the ettiquette board or something. </strong>
    Posted by jme35[/QUOTE]

Not until you learn how to spell etiquette...
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_many-bs?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:2d97dd42-ff12-47ee-9c22-5353dd109644Post:4887a351-ba93-471e-b307-90ef077c5c5a">Re: Too many B*&%@*S!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quite frankly ... if your skin is going to be this thin, you need to stick to sharing your ideas only with your friends and family, because they are the only ones who have a vested interest in sparing your feelings.    Anonymous strangers on a message board are not in charge of validating your self-worth - and they didn't provide unsolicited feedback, either. 
    Posted by jme35[/QUOTE]

I like you.

• HAHA Little girls playing dress-up. I agree with the OP (surprise, surprise). Snarky = Bitchy. Not the cute kind of funny quirky bitchy, but the mean, hateful, malicious, high school clique, rot in hell bitchy. Posters who respond this way are just nasty insecure little girls. Maybe one day you will see the light and grow-up, hopefully before your husbands and family members kick your sorry butts to the curb because they are fed up with your BS drama. And God forbid you actually procreate! My God. What kind of mother's would you make? Horrible mean and nasty examples for your already gentically damaged offspring lol Trust me, the men will get past the whole "she who has the puss* rules" in no time. Snarky you say? BS excuse to act like a spoiled inmature 14 year old brat. What goes around comes around. Carpe Diem! And am I afraid of being banned? Come on now...this is the snarky board right? HAHA...God...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards