Military Brides

Civil Ceremony NC

Has anyone had a civil ceremony in North Carolina? Does anyone know what exactly the vows are? 
Also how long after did it take to recieve your marriage certificate? I spoke with the magistrate from onslow county he said you could pick it up the next day. Is it the same for craven county/ New Bern?

Re: Civil Ceremony NC

• Has anyone had a civil ceremony in North Carolina? Does anyone know what exactly the vows are? 
    Also how long after did it take to recieve your marriage certificate? I spoke with the magistrate from onslow county he said you could pick it up the next day. Is it the same for craven county/ New Bern?
  • I would also try asking on your local board if you haven't already.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you're trying to get on the list for housing, your H can go to IPAC with the receipt for your marriage certificate and you can get the process started for him to get BAH. MH just reminded me we did that after we got our certificate, but before we got married.

Wait, is this answer overreacting too?! Oh, no. It's just correct. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • In Response to Re:Civil Ceremony NC:[QUOTE]If you're trying to get on the list for housing, your H can go to IPAC with the receipt for your marriage certificate and you can get the process started for him to get BAH. MH just reminded me we did that after we got our certificate, but before we got married.Wait, is this answer overreacting too?! Oh, no. It's just correct.nbsp; Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]

You're such a biotch, Stan, for pointing out typos.
  • edited March 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_civil-ceremony-nc?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:3335cadf-5be2-4080-b641-353f6b3b1c96Post:feef8038-28a7-4b4f-be75-4c09123eee8d">Re: Civil Ceremony NC</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're trying to get on the list for housing, your H can go to IPAC with the receipt for your marriage certificate and you can get the process started for him to get BAH. MH just reminded me we did that after we got our certificate, but before we got married. Wait, is this answer overreacting too?! Oh, no. It's just correct. 
    Posted by WishIcouldbeinthe'stan[/QUOTE]
    He is away in training right now so actually that cant be done but I was already aware of that. We could not have gotten our marriage license also because I need to be there in person and I go to college 9 hours away so that was also not possible.
  • Right, but after you get married, even if you can't get your filed marriage certificate right away, he can take an unfiled copy or the receipt to IPAC. I assume you're not leaving school before finals to move down there. Our marriage certificate took 3 weeks, but we only needed it to get me enrolled in DEERS, not to get housing squared away. 
    I hate Dave Ramsey
  • Stan is correct. We used our receipt or whatever it's called until we picked up our certificate.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards