Texas-San Antonio
Options

Wedding Venues in San Antonio, that allow you to bring in your own alcohol

Does anyone know of places in San Antonio that allow you to bring in your own alcohol for the reception?? Thank you!

Re: Wedding Venues in San Antonio, that allow you to bring in your own alcohol

• Options
    TTiger03TTiger03 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking to have specific bottles, most venues will get them for you, but if you are looking for bulk purchase to save money, hmmmm I'm not sure.

My sister's wedding didn't have any alcohol.  Cider toast.
    My friend's wedding had waaaaay to much (full open bar -- I mean EVERYTHING you can think of).  Their hotel ordered the bottles the groom's father (who was paying) requested. 

I'm guessing you will most likely have to find a site that does not include their own caterering. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Spring Hill Event Center provides the mixers and the bartenders, but you bring all of the alcohol. I haven't had a single problem with them and they provide excellent service. I would highly recommend them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hacienda Santa Maria also had a BYOB option.  It's owned by Picante Grill (restaurant across from the Witte Museum) and they are doing our catering at our venue downtown.  We love the food and they are very easy to work with. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    missoh2cutemissoh2cute member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at The Witte. They allow you to bring your own alcohol. The McNay does too as well as the Spanish Governor's Palace.
  • Options
    Kstock06Kstock06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Bushnell allows you to bring in anything besides kegs.
  • Options
    kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Scottish Rite Temple has a ballroom that allows you to bring your own alcohol but you have to use their caterer. 

Aggie Park lets you bring in your own alcohol and caterer.

The Grande Hall at Hofmann Ranch is where we are having our reception.  It's in Castroville, about 25 mins SW from San Antonio.  We have to use their caterer but he's great.  And we can bring in our own alcohol. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gardens at West Green lets you bring in your own alcohol. If more than 100 people then they ask you to hire a bar tender to serve the alcohol. Still a really inexpensive way of having alcohol at your wedding. Plus the venue is gorgeous and reasonably priced compared to most outdoor venues in San Antonio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay, so it's not in San Antonio but it's super close. We are getting married at the Marquardt Ranch in Boerne. It's about 30 minutes from I-10 and 1604. They allow you to bring your own alcohol to the venue. They do require a TABC certified bartender but I am hiring a friend who is certified. We are paying her $25/hr which is way better than the $500 I was quoted from the caterer.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had our wedding at Scenic Springs. It's a beautiful outdoor venue, and you can provide your own alcohol.
    http://www.scenicsprings.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards