Ohio-Columbus
Options

Universe Bridal?

Has anyone been to Universe Bridal superstore in West Lafayette OH? specifically for Bridesmaids dresses?  It looks like they have tons of designers. I wondered if it would be a good place to look or more overwhelming than helpful.  Anyone been there - let me know what you thought of it.
Thanks!!
Anniversary

Re: Universe Bridal?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought my wedding dress there earlier this month! It's a great place! The staff is very friendly and willing to help, but they aren't all up in your face the entire time. They let you browse through things at your own leisure and check back with you every so often to see if you have any questions. They do have quite a selection of dresses, but if you go with a budget and a basic style in mind, it's not as overwhelming as you'd think. Have fun!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that many of ladies love it there, but my experience wasn't as good. First of all it's about 2 hours away which made it an all day process. I was a little disappointed too because I thought there would be more dresses than there actually were. It definitely was not what I expected. The prices were good, but not amazing. I actually found my dress somewhere else for less than many of theirs.
    If you do go, know that they don't accept appointments so help is on the 1st come 1st served bases. Although a larger party did come after me, but my consultant still ended up leaving me to help them instead because they had more people. So I definitely recommend not going on a weekend when lots of other people will be shopping too.

Overall it wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't recommend it. for me it wasn't worth the long drive & I did find it to be way too overwhelming & frustrating.
    Our baby! image Sadie
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went there for a friend's wedding and basically did everything ourselves even though the store wasn.'t busy. So if you don't mind doing all of that then you're good!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress there and had a great experience!  It is all in what you want out of your appointments though--if you want to browse their entire stock (and there is a lot of it!), it is great.  If you want a consultant to pick the three or four best dresses that meet your description, it definitely is not the place for you.  That being said, I went right as they opened on a Sunday morning so we had the entire place to ourselves for a good hour or more.  My consultant was very helpful and did pull a few dresses that I never would have tried on otherwise, and I ended up really liking them. 

Perhaps the nicest thing is they have all of their dresses separated into categories (lace, babydoll, pick-ups, etc.) so that immediately makes things less overwhelming.  I had a pretty good idea of what I wanted so there were really only about 3 racks that I had to shuffle through.  If there is a specific designer that you wanted to see, I might recommend calling before hand.  I really like Maggie Sottero, but they did not have a ton of her dresses available because they were getting ready to go to a Maggie sample show in the next couple of weeks to get the next season's dresses.

As far as bridesmaids dresses go, I was not impressed.  Not a very big selection at all when compared to the size of the store.

Hope that helps!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Universe Bridal. I had a great consultant. I personally didn't want an consultant who stayed in my face. Sue was just the right balance. When I just wanted to look, I had the chance to look without feeling like they were waiting to make a sale. However, when I was ready to try on dresses, Sue was right there and answered all of my questions. I actually went with one designer in mind and I hate the way I looked in all of those dresses. She actually picked the dress that I am wearing.
    As far as BM dresses go, I found them online and called the dresses in, and they ordered them.
    In the end, it depends on what kind of service you expect and desire. I had a great time.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards