Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Any recs for a good comforter for a warm weather climate?

We can't seem to find a good comforter to register for. This is probably because we have so many requirements. Here's what we're looking for:
King size
Down Alternative
Lightweight

We live in SoCal where it never gets cold enough to warrant more than a lightweight comforter. In fact, most comforters out there have us roasting at night. Any other brides out there have something or know of something that fits the bill? It could be at any store, we'll just add it to our universal registry at Amazon.

TIA!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Any recs for a good comforter for a warm weather climate?

• Options
    This may not be helpful, but we really like the lightweight comforter we have from Ikea.  We have seasons here, and we just switch between a down comforter or the lighterweight one in our duvet cover.  If you have an Ikea nearby, you might consider checking out their comforters (they do a warmth rating and it's easy to tell what is down versus synthetics).

You can try putting it on your Amazon registry, but I don't know if guests will buy it, since you generally cannot buy Ikea stuff online (we had a few Ikea kitchen items on our universal registry, and we did not get them).  
  • Options
    I got a King sized down comforter with the lower amount of down feathers in it at Bed Bath and Beyond... I live in tucson so it's really warm here year round and we leave it on the bed year round too
    Wedding Planning Bio & For Sale: valeriewalter.weebly.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you both!  I'll have to look at both Ikea and BBB.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Macy's also rates their comforters by warmth levels which should help you decide.  I have had good luck with theirs in the past.

• Options
    We have a coverlet.  We tried a lightweight down but that was still too warm, especially during the summer.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Coverlets are good. I live in SoCal and that's what we have on our bed. Sheet, throw blanket, then a coverlet. FH gets hot easily and I am always cold, it works for both of us!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I was looking for the same thing. I live in the Houston area where wether is RANDOM. We typically don't have very long period of cold weather.

I registered for a lightweight down comforter at BBB. An associate there said that her S/O was a hot sleeper (like my FI),  and that they were able to use this year round. She also recommended the coverlet if you want something lighter.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I bought a down alternative blanket from Anna's Linens that I love. It's pretty lightweight, but keeps me comfortble all night.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards