South Asian Weddings

Indian bridesmaids dresses

Hey y'all, this is my first time posting on the South Asian bridal board!

So I'm not South Asian, but my fiance is (Gujarati Jain) and we're having a western-style wedding ceremony, but we want to pull in as many Indian elements as we can.  Whew!

Anyways, I think I will wear a white dress but with mendhi.

I'm thinking about having bridesmaids, and I want to have their clothes pull in some Indian style.  Initially we were thinking about lehengas, but we may end up with a waterfront ceremony with a little bit more casual dress.  How can we incorporate Indian style into the bridesmaids' clothes?
Photobucket
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Indian bridesmaids dresses

• MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi andamu

Not sure if you were thinking about doing saris, it something more tradtional but you can have the pre-stiched so that no one has any problems putting it on the actual day.  An even easier option is indian lenghas!  It's just a top (with out without sleeves and a full skirt)

Or you can go with a western bridesmaid dress with indian touches like bindis, churiyan (lots of bangles on the writsts) and ofcourse mendhi

Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    You could check out this designer who makes customized fusion outfits:

http://shubrah.com/bridal-couture.html

I think that would work out well for you, or Mrs. BM had some great suggestions as well. You could also look into churidar suits as well. Some can be really pretty and work into the casual theme you're going for. Hope that helps!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • MrsBMMrsBM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_south-asian-weddings_indian-bridesmaids-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:430Discussion:3e6875bc-6918-41fc-b43d-bf96dc5462c1Post:a3d4cc2b-4cce-4f6e-9d3d-0afd58faaa65">Re: Indian bridesmaids dresses</a>:
    [QUOTE]You could check out this designer who makes customized fusion outfitsPosted by raangoli[/QUOTE]

I just saw the website...that is so cool!  She takes silk saris and makes them into dresses!  Love the back of that champagne coloured dress!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards