Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Pet Sitter - Pittsburgh/Weirton WV

Hello, My fiance and I are planning a DW for May 2014.  We have 5 furry children who we will need a pet sitter for. We can not board them, since 2 of our dogs are not fixed and the other one is very skittish. We also have 2 cats. 

I am looking for any suggestions of  responsible pet sitters in the area.

We live in Weirton, WV about 20 mins from the Pittsburgh Airport. We would need someone who can handle 2 large dogs(french mastiffs) and will be able to be at our house for several hours each day to take them out, feed them, and play with them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks!!

Re: Pet Sitter - Pittsburgh/Weirton WV

• It might be easier to find a pet sitter if you are able to board whichever dogs are fixed/not skittish, because I think for most people watching that many would be a big undertaking. If any of them are under 40 lbs, I would check out Carousel Kennels. Its not far from the airport in Oakdale.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can find pet sitters on Care.com. I'd also check with your vet- some vets will do vacation boarding, and may be okay with taking your dogs that aren't fixed. They may also have suggestions for pet sitters.
  • Hey there! There are actually kennels that take unfixed animals. I know for one the Cozy Inn Pet Resort does, but boarding doesn't seem like what you were hoping for. I do know of Reba's Pet Service also in Plum and she specializes in at home pet care, although WV is pretty far from Plum so not sure if she'd be able to, but it never hurts to ask. She might also have rec's closer to your area if she can't help.
  • ashley2516ashley2516 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2013
    Try Fetch petcare.  They have sitters who will come to your house or even stay overnight.  Our sitter is Margaret, and she is awesome.  You can tell that she absolutely loves animals, and she's done a great job taking care of our 2 huskies.  That's who we're using for our DW.
  • Thanks everyone. I have starting looking into kennels, and surprisingly a lot of them take dogs that are not fixed.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards