Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Lacking a Photographer

I'm feeling kinda down about my photographer situation.  I really wanted this one photographer, even talked her into giving me a military discount, then she sent me her schedule so we could book a consulation, and she had booked my wedding date 10 days ago!  I've explored other photographers, but I don't like them near as much and they are way more expensive.  I could use a friend of a friend's photographer.  Supposedly he shoots magazine covers and will do it at a discount because we're friends, but I'm not sure how reliable he is.  I could use a local lady for very cheap, but I'm scared she'll show up at the wedding with a disposible camera! Eek!  What to do! What to Do!

Re: Lacking a Photographer

• Options
    atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Whats your budget for a photographer? Im sure a few knotties can make a few suggestions for a great photographer. Also where in Alabama is the wedding?
  • Options
    erolliserollis member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can the lady you loved recommend other photographers she knows? Photographers are a large group of people yet there are small communities of them all over the place due to connections. She has to know someone who would be good for you. They may even be able to give a military discount. You just never know.

Also what did you love about her so much? Are you really unable to find someone who compares? There must be someone who comes close. I understand the frustration of finding the perfect person and then you can't have them. Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    BVIOLETBVIOLET member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brittney Violet Photography. I have very fair prices without sacrificing quality & creativity :) check it out.. www.brittneyvioletphotography.com {send me an email from the site if you are interested}
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know how you feel, entirely.

I really fell in love with a photographer out of Lousiana, but their prices are just too far fetched for my budget :(

But I find myself constantly turning down other options because they aren't THE ONE I want.

I have a penny jar going on my counter right now, but i'm thinking I need to just be reasonable and make the responsible decision.

Don't go for the local lady if you do like her stuff, just keep looking - i'm sure you'll find something! I'm pretty sure i've e-mailed every photographer in a 100 mile radius this week.
  • Options
    geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely check with the photographer you loved to see if she can recommend any dependable, experienced photographers, whom may share similar style and prices. How soon is your wedding? Finding the right photographer needs to be done early. Good Luck!
  • Options
    SJnTimmySJnTimmy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hi ladies!  Thanks for the responses.  I ended up deciding to use a lady from my hometown. Her photos are good. Not completely in love with her photos, but they will work. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards