September 2012 Weddings
Options

September 8, 2012

Do excited!! Today (after battling with my fiancé, mother, and mother in law) I have finalized the colors of my wedding!! We finalized what the bridesmaids and groomsmen will wear as well! Very excited! I know I'm a little backwards but, on to getting a venue!!

Here is where it gets hard, my family and my fiancé's family are two hours apart and as it looks nobody wants to compromise and settle on a location!! I pray that all goes well and it doesn't end up in a Quarrel, because that would really put a damper on my excitement!! I'm in for a straight roller coaster until September!!

Re: September 8, 2012

• Options
    That's a big step done! The venue is a big thing and hopefully doesn't cause too much anxiety on your part. I know my father and a lot of family were upset that we chose a venue in my current city and not my home town. Although my family is in Pembroke (home town), it is not my home and I did not want to get married there. Plus, I'd say 70% of the guests are in Ottawa (current city). Pembroke is only about 150kms away so people could even drive there and back for the wedding. It's hard to please everyone, so make sure you follow your heart. I don't regret it :)
    invitationcombo Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    2 hours is hard to settle on a mid-point, since everybody would be driving a significant distance.  I'd say you're probably going to have to just look at venues in both areas and let the venue decide the location.  
    The only other way I'd say to handle it is based financially.  Is one side more wealthy than the other?  Is one side contributing more than the other?  If one side has more money, it may be easier for them to travel and book a hotel room than the other.  My FI's parents are probably getting a room by our reception but my parents will drive because a hotel isnt really feasible for them.
    However, if one side is contributing (none, in my case, so it didn't matter), then maybe you should honor their wishes and let the other side travel.  
    Hope it goes well for you, I know it's tricky 
    September 2012 Brides March siggy challenge: Fav registry item so far...Bunn Coffee Maker!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards