South Carolina-Charleston
Options

Hibernian House - Opinions needed!

I am about to book the Hibernian House site unseen (long distance bride!).  Does anyone have an feedback? Our list of potential venues is small due to our guest count of 125.  Any help would be appreciated...thanks ladies!

Re: Hibernian House - Opinions needed!

• Options
    Purple&7Purple&7 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's Hibernina Hall...it's a beautiful venue!  I've never been there personally, but from pictures it looks to be a very nice place.
  • Options
    MaliBlueCrewMaliBlueCrew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree - if it is Hibernian Hall it is really, really nice!  I have been to several events there.  The price we were quoted was quite a bit more than some of the other reception venues in the Charleston area, though.  You will not be disappointed with Hibernian Hall if that is in your budget!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can deal with the higher rental fee since there is not a food and beverage minimum!  Thanks for responses!  Like I said, we are limited due to the size of our guest list.
  • Options
    katydid2014katydid2014 member
    First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Here is a post of a wedding that had their reception in Hibernian Hall.  You have to scroll about half way down to see pics of the space set up for the reception.
  • Options
    Here's two links to some reception photos at Hibernian Hall...it's gorgeous!

http://www.charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/price/
    http://www.charlestonwedding.com/index.html#/donato/
  • Options
    Thanks for the links. We actually passed on Hibernian. I was very disappointed with what I saw. We drove four hours to tour the place and I was also very turned off by those that worked there. For that kind of money I expected a bit more professionalism. Fortunately, it forced us to look elsewhere and we found a much better venue that was more reasonable.
  • Options
    If you don't mind my asking, what venue did you end up going with? I also have a guest list of 125, and will be getting married in 18 month. Just started looking for a reception location, and Hibernian was at the top of my list until I read this post! I'm an out-of-stater as well, distance planning is so difficult!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards