Canada
Options

Honeymoon Ideas

Any good affordable honeymoon places?  We are getting married in July, but thinking of somewhere tropical come winter?
What is a good place and affordable for Canadians?

Re: Honeymoon Ideas

• Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cuba! If you avoid the busiest times, it's very affordable. We went mid-December and spent $1,600 for the two of us, flight and taxes included.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't need to go right after the wedding.  We are actually planning on a few months after. When are cheap times to travel?
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Anytime in the winter that's not during the Christmas rush, university reading week or March break. Like I said, I went mid-December and it was only $1,600 for the two of us, all inclusive. DH's cousin went early December one year and it was even cheaper.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Cuba! It's awesome and very reasonably priced.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    Cynthia1207Cynthia1207 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    January is even cheaper than December.  I've seen prices going at 400$ for a 5-star resort in Cuba at that time.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on where you're coming from Cuba and the Dominican Republic are both cheap holiday possibilities.

I've had several friends go to Cuba and love it and several go there and hate it. Generally those in the former group went to Holguin or Havana and those in the latter went to Varadero.

Las Vegas also has some very cheap deals.
    You can try www.selloffvacations.com
    west jet vacations has some good offers as well.

Travelling in the off season is almost always the cheapeast option. Which for somewhere warm generally means between April or May and the end of October. If it's somewhere not warm travelling in the winter is usually cheaper. We're going to Italy in October for our honeymoon. Way cheaper deals then than in the spring and summer.
    BabyFruit Ticker Me: 37 DH: 40 Married: 7/31/2011 TTC since September 2011 BFP: Nov. 22, 2012 EDD: July 29, 2013
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and a travel agent once advised us that in Cuba never to book anywhere under 4 stars.
    BabyFruit Ticker Me: 37 DH: 40 Married: 7/31/2011 TTC since September 2011 BFP: Nov. 22, 2012 EDD: July 29, 2013
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_honeymoon-ideas-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:46Discussion:2c9a2ad7-a392-4eb9-a599-b816aa05e069Post:4680c6ff-48ba-4880-8e52-e81890dddfa1">Re: Honeymoon Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh and a travel agent once advised us that in Cuba never to book anywhere under 4 stars.
    Posted by missymr[/QUOTE]

<div>Good advice.  4+ stars, esp on a honeymoon.  Cuban resorts aren't rated exactly like other destination resorts they're a little more leniant on star ratings.  But any 4+ I've been to (or friends have been to) has been great! </div><div>
    </div><div>OP feel free to PM me if you want an recs.  I've been there once (headed back for our HM), the fam's been twice and a good friend goes every year.  I've got some hand research ;)</div>

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards