Military Brides

**Dnbeach**

How're you doing, hun?  I know your husband recently deployed after a recent POS, so I'm sure you're a little lonely and stressed.  If you need to vent, let me know or PM me!  We're all here to support each other.

Anniversary

Re: **Dnbeach**

• Beachy730Beachy730 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for thinking of me!  I'm actually doing much better than I thought.  We have been here for about 2 months so we were pretty settled in and comfortable when he left.  The morning he left was really hard, just the actual part of saying goodbye.  But other than that its been okay.  We were very lucky that he was in a situation where we were able to skype several times in one day.  But now that he's on the ship we can't anymore.  But he's been able to send several emails already so I know that he is there and settling in and getting comfortable (if thats possible) so that makes me feel a lot better. 

I'm sure I'll be on here in a few weeks complaining about being lonely.  Usually you can find me on the E board drinking my sorrows with all those girls too.  Thanks for checking in, and I will definitely look for you when I need help since I know you've done this a few times. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    I actually haven't - I've been through training, not deployment.  And I likely won't have to go through it more than once as he's a judge advocate - meaning he'll mostly be in an office doing law stuff with short trips and occasional training, as they all have.  But that doesn't mean I'm not sympathetic!  Being a military spouse (or loved one) isn't an easy road sometimes, so we've got to stick by each other.

I'm glad you're settled and doing well.  I've moved a few times, that's for sure!  In the past 6 years, I've lived in 8 different places.  So as far as getting used to a new place, THAT I am very experienced with!

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    Oh wow, I don't know why I assumed you'd been through deployments.  Thats very fortunate for you that you would most likely only have to go through one.  This upcoming year will be hard for us because he will likely be deployed again within a few months of coming back, and then we will be moving cross country again.  But after that deployment we should hopefully have about 5 years before another one.  Thats my light at the end of the tunnel! 

I can't believe how much you have moved.  This was actually my first move, other than when I would move in and out of my college dorms.  But it was such a pain I want to do it as little as possible.  We would love to get to Jacksonville and be able to stay there, but its pretty hard to get to that base.  So we might be stuck in Virginia for a bit when we get out there. 

You aren't engaged yet, right?  Do you guys have plans for getting engaged soon?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    Oooh Virginia!  I love Virginia!  We'll be in Quantico in late 2012/ early 2013, so maybe about the same time?  I'm guessing you'll be in Virginia Beach.  My BF will have training post-law school for 6 months.

We plan to get married in Aug/Sept 2012, assuming he graduates in May 2012 and takes the bar exam in July.  We really want to wait until after he takes the bar so we can have a honeymoon, but before he reports for training.  If he graduates early in Dec 2011, we might be getting married in April or May.

So either way, I'll be engaged sometime next year!  We've looked at rings, he has my great-grandma's ring to use the diamond, and now it's up to him.  Patience is a virtue, I keep telling myself.

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    We would actually be in Newport News, at least for the first few years.  I'm not sure how far that is.  I've actually never been to the area so I'm not familiar with it.  That woud be nice though if you were there too. 

Aww thats so nice that you have your great-grandma's diamond.  Its exciting to know its coming soon!   We had no surprise in our engagement.  we went ring shopping together and he bought it, and then he drove to a park and asked me there. 

So what do you do, if you don't mind me asking?  I'm a teacher, which is supposedly one of the good military spouse careers because it travels well, but no, it sucks.  I already had my certifications and both degrees before meeting H, so I didn't choose it because of that, but I've seen it listed as a good career to have for frequently moving.  Yeah not so much.  I may have to go back to school if I can't find a teaching job in VA when we get there. 

P.S. I need another voice of reason in the thread below. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • calindicalindi member
    edited December 2011
    YGPM with my email address.

Yeah, not too far.  I'm scared that all military brides are going to end up like some of the children we see on here, so it'd be nice to have a few sane ones around for moral support!  And I can definitely give advice on what to do in Virginia - I lived in Northern Virginia for quite a few years before moving to Florida.

I work for a magazine in the events department.  I get to travel a lot, and as long as I'm near a major airport I'm pretty sure they'd be happy to have me continue working for them.  I hope to eventually go get my MBA (luckily the program I like is distance education, so I can do it from wherever my BF is stationed).  I've had a dream of starting up my own consulting business, which could very easily travel wherever we need to go (again, I just need to be able to get to an airport).  But I'd also like to be a stay-at-home-mom, and a novelist.  We'll see what life brings!  It'll definitely be a challenge to maintain my own career and identity as I get dragged along on this rollercoaster ride of being a military spouse.

Anniversary

edited December 2011
    YGPM back. 

That would be nice if you could keep your job with all of your moves.  I hate that I can't really work, or make nearly as much money as I should or could if I had a teaching job.  But jobs are really hard to find here, so I need to be happy with the one I found.  I get to work from home though which is great. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards