Outdoor Weddings

Grass and heals??

If I am having an outdoor reception do i need to cover the whole reception area with a floor or just the dance area? How do people handle heals and grass? I don't want everyone having trouble walking around at the reception. Has anyone else been to a wedding like this, did people seem to complain?

Re: Grass and heals??

• You should be fine :o) congrats!
  • I think just putting down some flooring just for dancing would be plenty.
  • We are only covering our dance floor as well.  I made sure that the BMs and myself have wedge heels.  I am also going to include this information on our website.  Also the invites say the Haskins Farm, so if guests do wear heels, that will be their decision.
  • I agree with pp. Just make sure you have the dance floor. Now if it gets soggy from rain you might have a problem!
  • I would agree dance floor a must!!!   However if in your invite you specify in a way.....  guests are aware that heels may not always be the greatest option, then go for it.  Just let them know
  • Agree with PPs - also have friends & family spread the word that women might not want to wear heels since it's going to be on the grass.
    Photobucket
  • Thanks all. This will save me so much money. I guess I'm also a little concerned about the tables and chairs. I will have a lot of older people (grandparents) coming and would hate for their chairs to be unsteady. I'm getting married in October so I'm not sure what the ground will be like?
  • I'm in your boat too Plumbb2, I'm getting married next October 8th outdoors in upstate NY, the weather could either be pretty warm, chilly or snowing. It should be interesting! I plan to put on our website that it's outdoors so hopefully guests will understand not to wear heels. But I'm not sure what the ground will be like. Our tent guy is going to put it up the previous Tuesday at the earliest so hopefully if it rains/snows (eeeek!) the ground under the tent will be a little more stable (I hope).
    "The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards