Chit Chat

Is anyone else...

adopting a family this year? Our church is working with a community program here and I signed FI and I for a family this year. We have some friends going in on it with us, so hopefully we can make it a kick a$$ Christmas for the family this year. I'm a sucker for helping people, especially this time of year...it seems to tug at my heartstrings even more than normal.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Is anyone else...

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_is-anyone-else?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:07016222-1cd2-40c7-9885-addad8f4ee39Post:461acc1b-1dd1-474a-8527-44f7d2197f2f">Is anyone else...</a>:
    [QUOTE]adopting a family this year? Our church is working with a community program here and I signed FI and I for a family this year. We have some friends going in on it with us, so hopefully we can make it a kick a$$ Christmas for the family this year. I'm a sucker for helping people, especially this time of year...it seems to tug at my heartstrings even more than normal.
    Posted by shanding4787[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I have a local Lion's Club that put up giving tree's and I take several tags. I always take ones that say they want a coat or boots, buy that, then buy a bunch of 'fun' stuff, too. </div>
  • I'm not this year, but I have in the past. It's such a great feeling, and FI have talked about doing this in the future years as our gift to eachother. We are both fortunate to have full-time work, a place to live, beautiful children who need nothing and want for little; it only seems right to give that joy to another family instead of just bying more "stuff" that we dont' need simply to exchange a gift.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • edited November 2012
    H and I adopted an angel from the Salvation Army.  A 6 year old boy who just wanted a train set, when most of the kids are asking for MP3 players or DS games. Not that there's anything wrong with wanting those things, but it's just so cute he wants a train set. I adopt one every year, but hopefully next year we can afford to take on a whole family. 
  • My parents do one every year and my sister and I always contribute. Last year the seven year old boy wanted some $150 Star Wars thing that we were really not sure how to pull off. My stepdad did some research online and ended up getting it for $95, and thinking about that little boy opening it on Christmas morning absolutely made my holiday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards