Georgia-Atlanta

QOTD 11/30/10

How much say should the bride get in what the bridesmaids/maid of honor wears to the wedding?

I think that if the Bride requests you to wear something, as her friend you should wear it. Having said that, I also think that the Bride needs to keep in mind that the BP is made up of PEOPLE, not props for pictures. I've always thought it best to let the BP choose styles that suit them even if the bride chooses the color/shade, especially as they pay for their own dress. 

Re: QOTD 11/30/10

• dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agreed.  Ultimately it is the brides choice, but these are my favorite people in the world, and I would not want them to feel unpretty or insecure in the dress.  

I asked each of my bridesmaids (I have 4) to send me 5 dresses they absolutely loved, then I picked my 2 favorite and they voted.  (Most of my BMs live out of town, so we couldn't all go shopping together)  They were thankful to have a say in the dress they buy, and I was happy that they are happy.  At the end of the day, I really don't care what they wear - as long as it's in the color I picked, I'm good.

• pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_qotd-113010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:fd59c3c1-99e8-449c-920b-97c31a97e359Post:bd530faa-6190-4782-908d-f826b3263eaf">Re: QOTD 11/30/10</a>:
    [QUOTE]Agreed.  Ultimately it is the brides choice, but these are my favorite people in the world, and I would not want them to feel unpretty or insecure in the dress.   I asked each of my bridesmaids (I have 4) to send me 5 dresses they absolutely loved, then I picked my 2 favorite and they voted.  (Most of my BMs live out of town, so we couldn't all go shopping together)  They were thankful to have a say in the dress they buy, and I was happy that they are happy.  At the end of the day, <strong>I really don't care what they wear - as long as it's in the color I picked, I'm good.</strong>
    Posted by dzjenna[/QUOTE]
    That's exactly the attitude I have. I told my girls (I have 3) that I don't really care what dress they wear as long as it is a shade of blue. I didn't even pick out an exact shade. 
  • edited December 2011
    I was fortunate to be able to go shopping with all 3 of my bridesmaids. They all found a style that they liked and it happened to be the same dress. I picked the color (purple) but I also paid $50 towards their dress because I didn't want them spending that much.

The toughest issue we're having now is shoes. I think the shoes are important since the dress is short, but one wants suede, the other patent leather, one wants open toed, one wants peep toe and one wants round. Who knew that shoes would be so hard to find!
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_qotd-113010?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:fd59c3c1-99e8-449c-920b-97c31a97e359Post:414a1988-657e-46da-9d14-4b89cec27d01">Re: QOTD 11/30/10</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was fortunate to be able to go shopping with all 3 of my bridesmaids. They all found a style that they liked and it happened to be the same dress. I picked the color (purple) but I also paid $50 towards their dress because I didn't want them spending that much. The toughest issue we're having now is shoes. I think the shoes are important since the dress is short, but one wants suede, the other patent leather, one wants open toed, one wants peep toe and one wants round. Who knew that shoes would be so hard to find!
    Posted by kjones84[/QUOTE]

<div>I think it would be cute if they all wore different shoes and accessories with their dresses. Just a suggestion : )</div>
  • My_MattMy_Matt member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think if I have to buy the dress to be in someones wedding, I should have some input on it. Ultimately the bride should be the decider, but I prefer an inclusive discussion.
    I wonder if Prince William and Kate are registered at Target?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards