Michigan-Grand Rapids

***shrades77***

I read your vendor reviews and would be interested in any information you could give me about your ceremony location.

What was included in the rental?
How many people can it hold?
What was the cost?

We are getting married Sept. 10, and hearing of this location was wonderful!  I am wanting an outdoor wedding ceremony, but as we all know Michingan is never predictable, let alone in September!  This looks like it could be the perfect comprimise.

Thanks!

Re: ***shrades77***

• shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello!  Yes, we were sooo excited when we found out about Thornapple Pointe.  It was a perfect compromise to have an "outdoor" venue, with a roof over our heads.  There are ceiling fans in case it is warm, they have bathrooms, and you can pay for little bottles of water for your guests if you would like.  The backdrop (the golf course) was beautiful as well!!

The pavillion can hold something like 250 - 300 people, I believe.  When we booked it, the rental fee was $500 (I think that's gone up a little though).  With that, we were provided with chairs, access to all of the grounds (we could have our ceremony in the pavillion, on the outside patio next to the clubhouse or in the clubhouse), A/V equipment for the ceremony, and tables w/white linens for programs, water, etc.  They also allowed us to hang out in the clubhouse to hide from guests while they were arriving, provided us with golf carts so the whole bridal party could drive out on the course and get pictures, and the coordinator even hung a white sheet up on my side of the golf cart when my dad and I drove up to the pavillion at the start of the ceremony so no guests would get a sneak peek at me! 

We were really happy with them.  I would definitely get in touch with the coordinator, Krystle.  She is really nice - tell her Rachel said hi!

Let me know if you have any other questions!!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

• KimL141KimL141 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  I emailed her today.  Nice to know that the chairs and tables are included.  Now just crossing my fingers that the date is still available!
  • shrades77shrades77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great!  I hope it works out for you!!
    **Rachel & Andy - 9.6.09**

Vendor Reviews l Pro Pic Preview image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards