Second Weddings

White wedding dress?

I am getting married on 10/10/10.  It is a second marriage for both of us.  The ceremony/reception are being held at the same site.  It is at 1 oclock on a sunday afternoon and the "look" I am going for is casual elegance.  So, with all that said, I am wearing a beautiful chocolate brown dress.  All my colors are jewel toned fall colors.  I keep stressing that maybe I should wear a white dress.  What do other knotties think? 

Re: White wedding dress?

• 2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is no longer a rule that you can't wear a white wedding dress.  However, that doesn't mean that it is now mandatory to do so.  One of the advantages to being a somewhat older and/or second-time bride is that you can pick which traditions are meaningful to you, and ditch the rest, typically with less pressure from your family.
  • edited December 2011
    Go with what you want!  It is your day!  Like what pp said, all the rules seem to go out the window.  Don't stress!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds great!  Wear whatever you want, and have a great wedding day.
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Your dress color sounds lovely, absolutely perfect for a fall wedding.  Cheers!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with pp, it's your day, your wedding and your choice.  Our age has given us the wisdom to know that the rules are nothing more than a guideline to follow.  The wedding is what you and your FI want and what is special to you.  I think it sound lovely and you'll be a beautiful bride :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • SueR13SueR13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with doing what you want this time.

I knew I didn't want to wear a white dress, wasn't sure what I wanted to wear. Two years ago, we went to FI ex-wife's wedding and she wore an eggplant colored dress - and right then and there he simply asked me if I'd wear a lighter color. Which I was fine with. My dress is platinum.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 112 Invited image 80 Joining the fun
    image 30 Missing out image 2 are total flakes
    RSVP Date 07/20/10
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your input, I am staying with the choc. brown dress.  I hope to post pic's of it soon!!  I got awesome shoes this week too! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards