Oregon

Recomendations please :) Cake and flowers

I am working on finding a both a florist and a baker to make our wedding cake. I've found that it really helps to get advice from you ladies who have been through this already, so recommend away! I am looking for the total package of quality, customer service and value :)

Thanks for your help!!

Re: Recomendations please :) Cake and flowers

• DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were not at all impressed with JaCiva's, even though a lot of people here thing that's heresy :-P  I also wasn't thrilled with Piece of Cake.  The cake seemed dry to me.
  • edited December 2011

Beaverton Bakery and Lamb's Thriftway are probably the two most frequently recommended here on the board.  You also couldn't go wrong with Pambiche or Papa Haydn.

• summerslaosummerslao member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I love JaCiva's.  I know some people don't though.  Maybe set up a few different tasting so you can find the one you really like.  We tried Beaverton Bakery, Lamb, and JaCiva's.  All were good but JaCiva's had the best for the flavors we wanted. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I used Pambiche and Page from Vibrant Table for my flowers.  Both were amazing!
  • anvloveskmeanvloveskme member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Lamb's Thriftway for the cake and Form and Flora for my flowers...both reasonably priced and LOVED my results.  If you want to see some pics feel free to email me: avelazquez at harrislawsite dot com
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't had my wedding yet but I have been working with Colleen of the Valley for my flowers and she has been so helpful and flexible in helping me come up with exactly what I want for a reasonable price. We are having a family member make our cake but I have heard good things about Beaverton Bakery.
  • AmberStinsonAmberStinson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wonderful!! Thank you :) 

I wouldn't have thought of Lamb's, but will have to check them out now!
  • JenAJenA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Piece of Cake bakery is amazing. Also last time I checked New Seasons had some great cakes as well.
  • edited December 2011
    Beaverton Bakery is AMAZING! they are incredibly helpful and the cake is delicious! so many flavors and u can walk in and try any of them at any time! well priced too! that's where we are getting our cake from!
  • VitaLunaVitaLuna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the wedding show this past weekend and was just unimpressed with the cakes in general.... I make a better 89 cent boxed mix than some of those cakes! 

Like pp, I wasn't too impressed with JaCiva either. I think the only way to do it is set up multiple tastings (3+)... even if some people think it's tacky to do a lot of them.
    imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I did a cake tasting with a bride a few weeks ago and we went to Perfection Bakery and Lamb's Thriftway. Perfection was by far of the two for price and taste. Beaverton Bakery is good, but not really AMAZING like everyone raves. Jaciva is good too, but spendy.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm still looking for both myself. However, I was really impressed with the flowers done by Balenda's...I think the website is www.balendasflowers.com. She works from home so that cuts costs too.
    As for cakes, my FI and I really liked speaking with Sweet cakes by Melissa so we are going to a tasting in Feb to check them out.
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • mjanegoodmjanegood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Adria of Lavish Flora did our flowers, and she did an incredible job. She really got a sense of the mood we were going for and translated into something incredible.
    http://www.lavishflora.com/lavish.php

• ljohnston14ljohnston14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Page from Vibrant Table did a reasonably priced but amazing job on our flowers.

Helen Berhard Bakery has been around forever.  Their prices are great and our guests are still raving about the cake--it was beautiful and tasted amazing.
  • LizInPDXLizInPDX member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ink and Peat is doing our flowers and Dreamcakes is doing our cake.  Love both vendors!
  • edited December 2011
    Whole Foods for our cake, yummy and moist, and Voodoo Doughnuts for the grooms cake, so Portland.  Flowers with  Old Town Florist, amazing personal attention and Wendi Day really listened to me and then ran with my ideas. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards