Texas-San Antonio
Options

DJ Recs- One that makes you shake your booty til dawn and provides uplighting

Anyone have any recs on DJ's that are just awesome and keep the dance floor packed? And also provide Uplighting Services?

I've contacted Alusstra Entertainment by email and they never responded...

I've met with the Music Connection, and while they seemed very knowledgeable they didn't provide uplighting

So please, Help a sister out!

P.S. I would prefer someone that didn't charge an Arm and a Leg!Wink

"If music be the food of love, play on ..."-William Shakespeare

imageMy Wedding Blog

Re: DJ Recs- One that makes you shake your booty til dawn and provides uplighting

• Options
    marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Alusstra for our wedding a couple of weeks ago and I never had a hard time trying to contact them by phone. If you email them, it does take them awhile to get back.

Pros-Uplighting was great, monogram on the dance floor was great, and they kept the dance floor full.
    Cons-Lack of personality/hosting ability

Good luck!
  • Options
    Little_Lily_9Little_Lily_9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Marrisa! :)
    BTW do you mind me asking where their prices start at?Thank u!Smile

imageMy Wedding Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well, it will all depend on how many hours you will need. I did 6 hrs for $675 which included the uplighting, dance floor lights,  and a monogram which was projected on the dance floor.
    But I think one of his most basic packages starts at $400.
    I haven't gotten my pro pics back yet but I'm posting a couple below so you can see how the lighting looks. I couldn't find a good one of the monogram.

• Options
    Little_Lily_9Little_Lily_9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What exactly does "Lack of personality/hosting ability" mean? Does that mean the mc was cheesy? lol

Please explain and thank u again :)

imageMy Wedding Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Basically, he was pretty dull. When I've gone to other people's weddings, the dj seemed more upbeat when he talked on the mic. I'm sure none of our guests thought twice about it, but I noticed. Of course, as a bride, I think we are alway a bit more critical of our vendors (since we are the ones paying for their services),haha!
    I am positing a vendor review tonight so you can read the other issue I had w/ him. It wasn't a deal breaker and was partially my fault, but just something to think about. Hope this helps! : )
  • Options
    KatshiaKatshia member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jacked-In Entertainment has been amazing so far, and its costing us under $500 for uplighting and 5 hours of music :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards