Favors

Chocolate salted caramel favor

My fiance and I are planning on giving chocolate salted caramels to our guests as favors (it's our favorite candy!) and I just have 2 questions: 1) We don't want to spend a ton on the favors and salted caramels aren't exactly cheap; would it be okay for us to just give 1 per guest in a nice favor box? The caramels themselves are a pretty decent size, about a 1.5x1.5 square. 2) I'd like to write a cute, clever saying on the outside of the box. Any ideas? I've tried thinking about things that incorporate the words 'sweet' and 'salty' but all I came up with is, "Life is salty, love is sweet." Lame, I know :-p

Re: Chocolate salted caramel favor

• 1) Personally, I'd give each person at least two  caramels.  1.5" isn't bigger than a chocolate truffle, where it's usually two in a favor.  You could try to cut costs by pricing out favor bags versus boxes.  If you can truly afford only one per guest, I would not present it as a favor (which isn't required) but might see if your venue could plate a caramel on each dessert plate, so it accompanies the cake/pie/cupcake/whatever you serve as dessert but isn't served alone.

2) I'm not sure about quotes that capture both sweet and salty, but I've always liked the quote  "Let there be such oneness between us that when one cries, the other tastes salt" but I can see that being kind of depressing for a wedding favor.
    Anniversary

• I agree with PP that doing two per person would be really nice.  Then you might be able to work that into the saying ... something about the perfect pairing (sweet and salty)? 

"A little sweet,
        a little salty: 
    the perfect pair
        your names / date"  ???

Jaclyne, that is a beautiful quote!
  • Yum that sounds delicious.  I'd skip the poem and try to give each guest two.
  • Thanks for the replies! I think we will end up going with 2 per guest :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards