Retro and Vintage Weddings

inexpensive swing dresses

I am hoping to switch out of my long, formal wedding dress to kick up my heels during the reception. My FI and I are swing dancers, so I'd LOVE to get a swing dress! I am trying to keep it under $150, though.  Any suggestions of places to look?

I've been looking at unique vintage. How have your experiences with them been? Are the dresses a decent quality? I'm specifically looking at these two:

Thanks for the help!
Two Drifters Off To See The World...

Re: inexpensive swing dresses

• Hi,
    I've actually been to the Unique Vintage store in Burbank, Ca and I have to say I was impressed.  We purchased 3 of our 4 bridesmaids dresses for my daughters (and daughters to be) there.  They were great and ever so helpful and even went out of the way to give a little extra help when one of my daughters couldnt find anything.  Of the three girls I took, one was an extra small, one a small and another an extra large.  They helped find dresses that were both flattering and reflected their personalities.
     If you have any questions I know they have an 800 number for their customer service. 

I know I sound like I'm on the payroll there but I'm not.  I am just someone has a great appreciation of good customer service. 
    Hope this helps! 

• Check out www.pinupgirlclothing.com  They have some really cute and affordable dresses and the quality is outstanding! 
  • Try Pinup Girl Clothing, they have a LOT to choose from.  One of my favorite dresses is from Unique Vintage.com, however, I personally didn't care for the UV brand dresses that I ordered.  I sent both of them back, and kept the one that came from a different brand (the name escapes me at the moment, maybe Lucky 13?)  The UV dresses both had those terrible metal zippers and didn't fit well.  The Lucky 13 dress fit like a glove.
    If I had more money I'd be buying all my dresses from PUG!
  • Mod Cloth website has some cute stuff too but may not be fancy enough for a reception dress. Worth a look regardless! Good luck.
  • I love uniquevintage.com. I have bought several dresses from there and purchased my wedding dress from them as well. The great thing is if you don't liv where their store is, you can order a few dresses to try on and send back what doesn't fit or you don't want. You would need to look on their website for the number of dresses you can get at one time without having to pay a restocking fee. They are very nice and helpful. Good luck finding a great swing dress!
  • Vivien of Holloway. It's a British designer with a store in London, but they have international shipping. I got my wedding dress, a halter circle dress, and petticoat for about 230 usd.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards