Georgia-Atlanta

Dentists?

Okay. I've been putting this off for a while, but I really need to go to the dentist. I need to fix whatever might be wrong with my teeth (I'm afraid I might have some cavities) and then I'd like to get them whitened for the wedding.
Problem is - I've got no insurance plan or anything so I'll be paying for it 100% on my own. I haven't been since my family lost our insurance plan YEARS ago.
How much is a trip to the dentist??

Re: Dentists?

• Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It can really vary by location.  I think I heard my dentist's office say it was $85 for a cleaning (w/o insurance)...they are located at the edge of Roswell/Norcross.
  • km31zkm31z member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try contacting a dental program at a nearby university/college and see if they take patients. Often times schools will offer cleanings at a discounted price so the students can practice.
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-atlanta_dentists?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:58Discussion:16780dcf-9fb1-4790-8358-6035e8400fb0Post:ec536d63-e5fc-498b-9b4e-62b079e10251">Re: Dentists?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It can really vary by location.  I think I heard my dentist's office say it was $85 for a cleaning (w/o insurance)...they are located at the edge of Roswell/Norcross.
    Posted by Sapphire1002[/QUOTE]

That actually sounds affordable! Im sitting here thinking north of $100 or something. Who is your dentist? I might just give them a call.
  • edited December 2011
    I use Old Milton Dental in Alpharetta - Dr. Mazer is AMAZING and nice to look at :)
  • Sapphire1002Sapphire1002 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pokepoke-  Norcross Dental Associates.  The cleaning should be that, but keep in mind they (more than likely) will want to take x-rays, etc and that can add up.  I'd tell them upfront your situation and ask what they may do.

This is the website (parent company name): tralongo.net

Good Luck!
  • sharkgrlsharkgrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I adore Dr. Elisabeth Baertlein at Coast Dental in Woodstock..I have had extensive work and she has always gone out of her way to help me and make it comfortable and pleasant.  I have pretty good insurance though so I can't speak of the price.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards