Rhode Island
Options

Dresses Plus sized brides...

Can anyone suggest some places where a plus sized bride could go to look for a dress in RI???

Thanks!

Re: Dresses Plus sized brides...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at House of Brides in Woonsocket.  Linda was awesome, and she had many dresses in size 18 and up.  She made me feel very comfortable and knew what dresses would work for me, yet let me try on as many dresses as I wanted to.  I was liking what I was putting on, but nothing wow'd me and so she went and got her pick for me, and that's the one I ended up getting.  I cannot recommend them highly enough!

There is also Bottecelli in N Providence.  They only carry a couple designers but all samples are plus size.  I had planned on going there, but didn't need to since I found my dress so quickly!  

Good luck!
    Married 9.4.11
  • Options
    KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I dreaded dress shopping and put it off wayyy longer than I should have. I ended up buying off the rack at David's and I loved my dress. (<-- clicky). I know DB gets a bad rap sometimes, but I had a really good experience at the Warwick store and got a dress under budget. It's not one I would have picked to try on, but my consultant insisted and she was right.

I also heard Party Dress Express has a good selection; a co-worker of my husband's went there and had a good experience. Someone also told me to check out Carmen Fashions. Both are in Fall River. Good luck!
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Ana's Bridal in East Providence. Extremely happy with my choices there. I felt they were much nicer than Davids and at the same price.
    It took 8 months for it to come in.
  • Options
    amyanderichamyanderich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the help ladies...it is muh appreciated! :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Botacelli on Mineral Spring Ave.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not IN Rhode Island but it's right on the border... Bridal and Gift in North Attleboro MA is where I got mine. They are right next to the David's Bridal. Good Luck shopping!
  • Options
    susieq52susieq52 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Chris!!!! I found my gown at the House of Brides and I worked with Mary, who was awesome!!!! I teel everyone I know about this hidden salon....they are just great and make you feel like you are the only bride in the whole place!!! Check them out, you truly will love the experience!!!
  • Options
    amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_dresses-plus-sized-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:16e2b96a-c125-4c8a-b9ec-db52aabd0649Post:ad4e6996-6fae-4d73-9a96-32d93cc989d4">Re: Dresses Plus sized brides...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Botacelli on Mineral Spring Ave.
    Posted by megandjared14[/QUOTE]

I didn't go here for my dress, but I went with my MIL and they were SUPER nice. They even offered us Champagne when we first walked in (@ 9:30am- lol).
    They did tell me that they have a whole plus size bridal section in the back- looks like a lot of privacy. Worth checking out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards