Texas-San Antonio

How much soda???

Hi, ladies!  We're now only 7 weeks away from the big day!  YAY!  I can't wait!  We are providing all of the drinks for the reception - beer, wine, water and soda.  How do I determine how much soda I'll need to buy for approximately 200 people?  I'm planning on having Coke, Diet Coke, Dr. Pepper, and Sprite.  Any advice will be very helpful!

Re: How much soda???

• edited December 2011
    Hi Becca,

I think I cna help with this since my background is Food and beverage. For an event you are going to figure that guests will drink 1.5 drinks per person for the first hour and one drink an hour after that. So for a 5 hour reception you are looking at 5.5 drinks per person.

Depending on your crowd typically 50% will drink beer 40% will drink wine and 10% will drink non alcohilic. However, you know your guests better than I do. I would add 10% to all amounts so you don't run out. If you are doing beer by the bottle just do bottle for bottle if you are doing kegs you get 160 8oz glasses per keg and a bottle of wine is typically 5 glasses of wine. I also always suggest closing a bar 1/2 hour before the end of reception. Just my opinion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards