California-Bay Area

Looking for Engagement picture location ideas!

Hi Ladies,

My fella and I are hoping to get some engagement pictures that have a strong San Francisco feel to them. We moved out here a few years ago so we aren't really sure where the best 'local' places are. I wanted to find out what spots are not to be missed!

Thanks!
Callie

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Looking for Engagement picture location ideas!

• GJones27GJones27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the feel of Sausalito.  You can get great pictures along the warf, at this old fountain they have, while eating ice cream in quaint shops, and with vistas overlooking the bridge.  I would have done that if it weren't for my wedding there.  My FI and I took our engagement photos at Ghirardelli Square and Fort Mason instead, and I was disappointed by that choice.  It ended up being cold and windy that day.
  • CaitlinmmkCaitlinmmk member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You could try Golden Gate Park, you can get some wonderful views of the bridge, which I think is the epitome of the San Francisco feel. Or you could try along the Embarcadero where all the piers are. I really love the way the Exploratorium grounds look and there is a view of the bridge in some places.
  • edited December 2011
    here's what i'd personally do if i were taking e-pics in SF: -the mission (theres tons of culture & graffiti) -embarcadero near the ferry bldg to get the bay, bay bridge, etc. -the beach/GGP to get the GGB in the background -the painted ladies (i think thats alamo sq) -the huge hills in nob hill
  • cassandrae913cassandrae913 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chrissy Field provides great shots of the GGB and Marin, plus you can do beach shots if you like those. Another standard place is the Palace of Fine Arts.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! We're excited to get the chance to go out and have such a beautiful backdrop (SF!) for our pictures.

Callie Rae

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards