Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Wedding/Reception Locations

Hello!  I just got my ring on our Mexico vacation this week!

I need to find a local (KC Metro Area, OP, ect) that we can do the wedding and reception for about 200 people.  I want something that is reasonably priced but nice.  I love unique as well :)

Thanks for your help as I learn to navigate this site

Lisa
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Wedding/Reception Locations

• Options
    gin4kidsgin4kids member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Belvoir Winery---the cost is $3000.  Check it out herehttp://www.belvoirwinery.com/

• Options
    mikkiwin8mikkiwin8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm having a DW but I would say go to the Perfect Wedding Guide Bridal show Sept. 25th. The last one was a lot of fun and there are a lot of vendors to see. Usually they will give you a good deal if you saw them at a show too. Plus they giveaway PWG bucks that you an use with any vendor.

p.s. DON"T sign up with Celebrity China to win anything

• Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, go to bridal shows!  Check out reviews on our KC website in the sticky above, weddingwire.com, and theknot!  If you find a few venues you like come back and see if anyone here has any experience!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What were you thinking as far as unique?
  • Options
    lostmykeyslostmykeys member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Jacob's Well Church for wedding and Chapel Ridge for reception (although I think you could do both wedding and reception at Chapel Ridge).  Prices seem reasonable to me and Mallory is great to work with.
  • Options
    sassygal29sassygal29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all your suggestions.

I guess unique is something that has a little charm.  Either wood  floors, high beams, ect.  Something besides carpet, if possible.  However, I need to be open since I am not 100% sure of a date yet. 

Does anyone know the average cost of a wedding?

Thanks!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Club100 or Berg Event space for unique!  As far as average cost of a wedding I think that all depends on how many people you have and what kind of dinner you want to serve.  You can have a great wedding on a budget!  You can always do a poll and see how much girls in KC have spent or are spending on their weddings!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Peeper Ranch, which is a horse ranch in Lenexa. It was hard to get ahold of them at first because I kept emailing and calling the wrong people. Teresa Beers is the one to talk to.
    They have a beautiful space, indoor and outdoor. We paid $1000 for the whole day, ceremony and reception, and the rehearsal the Friday before. You do have to get your own tables and chairs so that will run the price up but they let you bring in everything-food and alcohol, so you save SO much by doing that.
    They do some weddings there but not too many so they don't get booked up fast.

If you want I can send you some pictures. They might have some on their website or Facebook, though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our reception is at Boulevard Brewery which is a nice local connection to KC.  Has a beautiful patio and view of the downtown skyline.  But with chairs/tables, I think they can only fit 160.  They provide all the chairs/tables/dance floor/AV set up in the package along with beer and wine. I think their summer packages start at 7000.  We are getting married in the winter so we got it for 5000.  Separately, we have to get a caterer, cake, linens and DJ. 
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in the hall of the place that we met, Centerline volleyball!  They just finished the indoor venue that holds 200-300 people comfortably, they allow all outside vendord, wood floors, dj area, high beamed cealings and we are the only wedding scheduled for October 27th of 2012.  We also have full access to 4 indoor volleyball courts and 4 outdoor sand volleyball courts to add a little fun competition to the reception!  I will be wearing a second dress that can be messed up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards