Outdoor Weddings
Options

Does a boardwalk wedding count as a beach wedding?

Hello all!!

I'm getting married at Sea Breeze Pointe in WDW, which is a little gazebo on the disney boardwalk.  I'm trying to plan for the ceremony, but having a hard time deciding on formality.  Does a boardwalk count as a beach??? How formal am I able to go for a morning ceremony?  I'm not thinking elbow length gloves and giant up do's or anything, but I would like the guys to wear tuxes and guests to wear dresses and casual business type attire?

Thanks!!!

XO
"Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps it's brain." ~ J.K. Rowling

Re: Does a boardwalk wedding count as a beach wedding?

• Options
    You can decide on whatever attire you want for you and the WP... but you can't really dictate to guests what they should wear. 

I think people like to let others know if it is a beach wedding or a wedding on grass so women know what type of shoes to wear. 

Also, in general, tuxes aren't worn in the morning.  I think nice suits would be more appropriate. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The formality of your invite, the location, and time of day will let your guests know what to wear.

You can only decide what you wear - your guests will figure out what to wear.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_boardwalk-wedding-count-beach-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:5de4f758-e25d-4d3b-b28c-263b57c08f36Post:1aa91248-cc65-41e5-9fac-8017331f2b21">Re: Does a boardwalk wedding count as a beach wedding?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The formality of your invite, the location, and time of day will let your guests know what to wear. You can only decide what you wear - your guests will figure out what to wear.
    Posted by ADTonk[/QUOTE]
    All of this.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've been to alot of weddings and noticed suits are more worn at night, I'm guessing men would wear khaki pants and a polo type top. Women would probably wear shorter dresses. (Guests I'm talking about)
  • Options
    I would think nice khakis and a casual button down would be what I would ask my guy to wear (short sleeve)- if it is outside, I assume it is less formal usually- and if hot, I would be in a nice sundress. 
  • Options
    Thanks!
    "Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps it's brain." ~ J.K. Rowling
  • Options
    The time dictates the formality as well, it would seem really out of place to see tuxes on the boardwalk in the AM IMO.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards