Louisiana-New Orleans

NOLA Photographer

I am looking for a photographer for my wedding. My wedding isn't until Sept 8th, 2012, but I am planning the wedding from out of state. My soon to be mother-in-law lives in NOLA so she will be going and looking at the photographers for me, but I wasn't sure if anyone had suggestions on any photographers. I have looked at Welch and Stacy Marks online. I really like Robert Welch's work. Does anyone have any other suggestions? We're trying to stay at or under $3000.

Re: NOLA Photographer

• edited December 2011
    I'm going through Dark Roux and getting wedding, bridal and engagement for just over $2K. They've been really great and easy to work with- everything has been through email. Their website shows their photojournalistic style and i've seen them recommended on the board elsewhere. Most other photographers start at $3K just for the wedding and bridal when I was pricing photographers, that's not to say they're not worth it- I just wanted to spend more elsewhere. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using sam gregory. He is about $2400 I believe. Here is his website:

http://samgregoryphotography.com/index2.php#/home/

Good Luck Lady!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Studio Tran for our wedding day and they're $3000. I've had many friends use them and have been extremely pleased with their work. Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • lbmsrlotrlbmsrlotr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Erika Parker. She is $1200 for unlimited time & locations, plus she takes very creative & photo-jounalistic pics.
  • eamcardleeamcardle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love my photographer, Jennifer Zdon!  Her packages are in your price range. She's a photojournalist, and super nice.

Here's her site: www.twirlphotography.com, and here are a few pictures from our wedding: http://www.twirlphotography.com/blog/?p=236.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Timothy Pham of Ardent Studio

www.ardentstudio.com He's AMAZING and great to work with!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • meganb1977meganb1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Simone Epiphany gives you all day I think it's up to 8 or 9 hours, and would keep you under $2,000 maybe even close to $1,500 for the wedding day, engagement, bridal, AND rehearsal dinner, even with travel fees from Austin.  She is artistic/photojournalistic and gives you the CD as part of your package so that would give you the option to make your own album and include other pictures your friends and family might have taken.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • katiekatzkatiekatz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jacqueline Kay does beautiful work! She is also a graphic designer so she brings a little something different to her work. www.jacquelinekay.com Good luck! There are TONS of great photographers in the NO area in your price range!
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with eamcardle and highly recommend Jennifer Zdon, she has been great to work with so far!
  • edited December 2011
    I have booked Sabree Hill. Her packets start from $999 for 6h coverage. She takes great pictures!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I agree with the suggestion for Ardent Studio. Tim did my engagements and he and Chris did my wedding. They were nothing short of fantastic! Ardent's prices definitely fit your budget and also include a disc with all of your wedding/reception images and the copyright release.
  • amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Babs Evangelista.  She has a unique eye and I really like her style.  She was able to work with me to come within my budget.

• edited December 2011
    I'm using Sara Kelley... I think her packages start around $1200 but has GREAT artistic style... www.sarakelley.net
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going with Dark Roux too!! I love their style, and you get two photographers with every package. Their packages are really reasonable, and they're really easy to work with. I saw their stuff in where y'at magazine too!
  • edited December 2011
    I am using Stacy Marks!!  He is extremely professional, has an awesome personality, listens to your wants, and his work is unbelieable!!  He is reasonably priced and worth every penny!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Stevie Ramos! If you haven't seen her pictures yet, check them out! Shes amazing and affordable, super sweet too! www.stevieramosphoto.com and I Think her facebook is under Stevie Ramos Photography! I LOVE her!
  • ashodomashodom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Studio Tran is by far the best in the biz!!! Right at $3000 and worth every penny.  I have had tons of friends use them and I am using them.  I have already used them for engagement and bridals. Beebe and Corine make you feel like you have known them forever.  So easy to work with and their results are out of this world!  Easy to contact and so prompt and professional!  They also love seeing their couples at other wedding and actually remember your name!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm using Studio Tran as well. I'm very excited about it. I'm also getting married in 2012, so I haven't had any photos done yet, but the photos on their site are phenomenal! I've been in love with their photography for a long time.
    Photobucket
  • amyj54amyj54 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got my "preview" pics from Babs Evangelista one word PHENOMENAL!  She did such a good job and captured exactly what I was looking for.  She was great to work with and has a fun/spunky yet professional personality.  She comes highly recommended from me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards