October 2012 Weddings

Venue commitment-phobia!

Right now, I am trying to decide on our venue...took me forever to decide on a date, but we are going with Oct 6, 2012! 

We are thinking about Barr Mansion in Austin, TX but I am scared to put down the $4500 deposit!  But I am worried we will lose the date if we wait too long...

Did anyone else have commitment issues with their venue ?  

Re: Venue commitment-phobia!

• I did!!! I had them badddd. I must have looked at 15 venues and researched for months on them. I found alot I liked but there was one that I found myself comparing everyone too. So I went with that one and now I am soo happy that I have the place and it seems so much more real now that the deposit is down! Good Luck!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • i personally didnt but i have heard a few people say they second guessed themselves alot. 

what is it thats holding you back? the money or your not sure if its the right place?
    Oct. 2012 Siggy E-Rings Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • I am going throught the same thing right now. Just as Sam&Billy said, I keep comparing all of the others I look at to this one. So, I think I am set on this ONE. Good luck.
  • I was having venue issues as well! I looked at so many, and researched months on end. Eventually though, we found our perfect venue. I think my commitment issues stemmed from the fact that I knew all the venues we were looking at weren't 'the place'. But once we found our venue, I just had an incredible ah-ha moment. I could visualize the wedding, and everything was completely perfect, and I couldn't get it out of my mind. I know it's a lot of money to put down (and it's most certainly a huge commitment), but if you're really afraid of losing it, it may be 'the place' for you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards