California-Orange County
Options

La Palapa in Long Beach

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know anything about the La Palapa in Long Beach? My fiancée and I visited the location yesterday and absolutely loved it, but when we came home and checked online for reviews, we noticed that they were all old with the latest review being in 2010.  Does anyone have any information about it?  We're really tempted to book the place, but it just seems a little too good to be true, especially since there aren't any new reviews.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for reasonably-priced ceremony/reception venues in the Long Beach area, preferably with an ocean view. We have a limited budget, but I've always dreamed about being married at the beach.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!! Smile

Re: La Palapa in Long Beach

• Options
    Have you checked out the Reef or the Museum on Ocean blvd?  The Reef is next to the queen mary, decent prices with lots included.  The museum too, its right on the beach right there and prices not bad at all...  good luck!!!
  • Options
    We are having our wedding there on 6/29/12. Been very happy with everything so far :)
  • Options
    Just a heads up, the first place I checked when I got engaged was the Long Beach Museum (on Ocean Blvd) and the price they quoted for just the venue and food was just over $14,000. That price did NOT include flowers, linens, cake, dj, or outdoor heaters (Which you may want for an outdoor reception on the beach). It's very pretty but as a bride on a budget myself I don't think it is easy on your budget.

As for La Palapa, I don't know of anyone who's been married there. Sorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards