Indiana
Options

Need NWI ceremony site

Our wedding is set for August 2011, we have a reception hall lined up near LaPorte, but are searching for a ceremony site. We are leaning towards having an indoor wedding and all we can find are churches. Neither of us are very religous so Im searching for other ideas. Any place near LaPorte, Westville, Wanatah, Valparaiso, Michigan City areas would work. Thanks!

Re: Need NWI ceremony site

• Options
    topchef33topchef33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It might be hard to find an indoor ceremony location. There is the chapel at Aberdeen in Valpo. It's nondenominational.

Anniversary [center]My Chart[/center] Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in July 2011 and had the hardest time finding a ceremony site.  My fiance was totally against an outdoor wedding.  I had no idea finding a ceremony site would be so hard.  We looked at the Aberdeen chapel and it was beautiful but not that big.  So it would depend on how large your wedding was.  There was also somewhere on the lakefront in Portage.  I can't remember the name now.  It was gorgeous with all glass windows for the wall facing the water, but it only held like 50 people.  I called quite a few golf courses too.  They have beautiful rooms that you can get married in but many didn't want to let me book the rooms indoors for just the ceremony.  You could try the golf courses near by.  We gave up and booked it in a church.  We were allowed to bring in our own officiant though.  My friend got married by Rev. Doug Klukken and raved about him.  His church is in Crown Point I believe.  He will marry you anywhere though.  She is not religous at all and he performed exactly the service she wanted.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married at Taltree Arboretum in Valpo.  Very pretty out there.
  • Options
    kristine0613kristine0613 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Were getting married at Ogden Gardens in Valpo, its so pretty!
  • Options
    kellyfoster86kellyfoster86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the pearl theater in michigan city is beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards