Students

Bought my dress!

After trying on this dress like a month ago, I fell in love with it. Which is funny when I walked into the dress store I hadn't planned on trying anything on, just sort've browsing for ideas. But when I saw it I was like, "I have to try this one on." I immediately loved it, but half of me was like, "It can't be this easy. You can't buy the first and only dress you actually try on." So I waited a month, looked at some others, but nothing came close to the one I tried on before. So I brought my mom and sister in the other night and I knew I had to get it. Now I just can't gain or lose any weight for a year! Haha.

Re: Bought my dress!

• Same thing happened to me:) I was convinced that it couldn't be that easy too, but I guess I just knew it was meant to be mine. (Plus getting an AMAZING deal on the dress helped too)

Good luck with the rest of the wedding planning:)
  • CONGRATS!! very pretty dress!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @anpayne - Yeah, right? It was like, I love this dress, it's incredibly reasonable, why would I not get it? Glad someone else had this same thing happen. I'm sure others have too.

@TriSaratops10 - Thanks! :)
  • ALMOST the same thing happened to me!  I wanted it to be just me and my mom for the first dress shopping trip and I honestly wasn't planning on finding anything.  I picked out maybe 4 dresses that I liked and thpugh to myself...."Oh boy, if I can only find FOUR that I like this is going to be a challenge."  So I let my mom pick some out that she liked and I also let the lady helping me pick some.  The very first dress I tried on was one that the lady at David's had picked out and I just wasn't digging it in magazine or the display.  After trying about 7 or so after that one I knew I wasn't leaving that store without the very first dress I tried on. I too was like you and thought...that was WAY too easy, what's the problem going to be?

There hasn't been any problems and I still love my dress. Even more than the day I picked it out!

Congrats on finding yours!! It is definitely exciting!
  • @ rrmeyer- I'm so glad you find your dream dress too! Yeah, I think all the media portrals of "finding the perfect dress" can make you feel like it has to be this big to-do and you'll spend months searching fruitlessly. Then again, there are a lot of wedding things skewed by society, haha.
  • MaereMaere member
    First Comment
    Wow! I hope it's like that for me honestly. I would love it. I hope that your wedding is beautiful and goes well =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's fabulous! And your dress is beautiful; I'm so happy for you :D

I had something similar happen to me, actually: the second time I went dress shopping with my MOH and a BM, we looked at a few dresses for me and a few for them. My MOH picked out the first dress I tried on, and I was kind of intrigued by it, and after I tried on four more I decided to put it on again... and I didn't want to take it off!

I was sure it couldn't be that easy to find the perfect dress, but after two months of thinking about nothing but that dress and not wanting to try any more, I finally decided to get it!

here's a picture: http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=taffeta&keywordType=any&pageSize=15&page=3&style=A3176

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards