Just Engaged and Proposals

Overwhelmed

I just got engaged and I am already overwhelmed. I know I have plenty of time, we haven't even set a date yet, and I'm freaking out there's so much to do. I don't know where to start.

Re: Overwhelmed

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_overwhelmed?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:683Discussion:bcaf5987-496c-4e1e-a054-b409aaf3e52fPost:1b7f2389-2cc6-4d14-81cc-150eaeb4d504">Overwhelmed</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just got engaged and I am already overwhelmed. I know I have plenty of time, we haven't even set a date yet, and I'm freaking out there's so much to do. I don't know where to start.
    Posted by lanae4923[/QUOTE]

Congrats on the engagement.

You dont have to start anything right away.  Enjoy being engaged for a bit.

When you do start to plan you should talk about budget first.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • I get overwhelmed easily, so what I have been doing is making little lists (LITTLE, like 3 items) and focusing on those. I find if I look at the big picture I still get overwhelmed, even now that we're only 39 days away and there are only small decisions to be made, there's a lot of them. My FI is really good about helping me calm down, focus on one task and not worry about something that doesn't have to be figured out that moment. It makes a huge difference and you will find that you're just really excited to be checking stuff off of each list. This helped a lot for me, and I have found that most of my planning has been really smooth (other than his family's demands but that's a whole other story) and I haven't been overwhelmed as often as I thought I might be! :) hope this helps a bit

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • the knot.com checklist is great- I liked checking things off.  In fact, it's fun to go through and start by checking the things off that you don't need to do (there are quite a few unnecessary things on there, too).  And don't worry about getting everything done by their deadline, it will all come together. A great way to start is to just go look at dresses or venues- it's a fun thing to do that will get you pumped up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards