California-Los Angeles

indecisive guest list -help please

im having a hard time deciding, if i should have coworkers at my wedding or not? some of these people im not even close with but since everyone is talking about my wedding they are all expecting to just come. if i were super rich and could do this i would but im saving, along with my fiance and my mother. sure i could ask for help but i will not. 

i have a feeling if i leave certain people out they will be upset with me when i come back to work. one even said [while i was not in attendance mind you] "i will not donate any money if im not invited". i never asked anyone for anything. why would he lash out like that? i dont want any hard feelings but people should be more understanding yes?

so what should i do to tell everyone at my job i cannot afford to invite everyone to my wedding?

this is so hard and stressful. i am searching post and reading ideas on this as well but i felt the need to vent and get opinions in my own post. thanks to whomever reads this.
Wedding Countdown Ticker imageimageimage

my bridal-girly picture blog http://notyourordinarybride.tumblr.com

Re: indecisive guest list -help please

• folshibabyfolshibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im having a hard time deciding, if i should have coworkers at my wedding or not? some of these people im not even close with but since everyone is talking about my wedding they are all expecting to just come. if i were super rich and could do this i would but im saving, along with my fiance and my mother. sure i could ask for help but i will not. 

i have a feeling if i leave certain people out they will be upset with me when i come back to work. one even said [while i was not in attendance mind you] "i will not donate any money if im not invited". i never asked anyone for anything. why would he lash out like that? i dont want any hard feelings but people should be more understanding yes?

so what should i do to tell everyone at my job i cannot afford to invite everyone to my wedding?

this is so hard and stressful. i am searching post and reading ideas on this as well but i felt the need to vent and get opinions in my own post. thanks to whomever reads this.

• edited December 2011
    I had the same problem.  I decided not to invite any of my co-workers, even the ones I am close to and they understood.  I told them I was keeping it small due to our budget.  No one was upset or gave me any grief! 
  • edited December 2011
    Just don't talk about your wedding at work. If someone asks how planning is going say, "It's going pretty well!" and change the topic. Then they won't expect to see how your centerpieces and overlays and menu turn out, right?

I did not invite any coworkers.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Vans18Vans18 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with msmerymac, do not talk about your wedding at work. I also had that problem and I just said it was a family and close friends wedding only. Although, I did invite only two of them but that was because I was close to them and hung out with them outside of work hours. They didn't say a word.  So if the wedding conversation comes up again, do mention that you are sad because you couldn't afford to invite some friends and blah blah because its your in a tight budget and unfortunately that's how it is. Weddings are expensive and they are crazy to think they are automatically invited. HTH GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Well since I only have 2 co-worker which are my BOSS lol I didn't have that problem but I agree keep business, business and wedding to us knotties Tongue out

I did have friends of friends say to me don't forget my inviteUndecided so sometimes just keep to yourself and things will be better that way.

Vans said perfectly weddings are expensive and just keep it family and close friends is the BESt idea!

GL!
  • TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is maybe 2 people here that I am thinking about inviting but thats it...but they just work at the same company...not actual co-workers.
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-los-angeles_indecisive-guest-list-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:68Discussion:235a3a5a-3bcf-48f1-a627-975b8b176f81Post:fafe9109-9f4f-4efc-bdbb-ffd2fc4b1c5e">Re: indecisive guest list -help please</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with msmerymac, do not talk about your wedding at work. I also had that problem and I just said it was a family and close friends wedding only. Although, I did invite only two of them but that was because I was close to them and hung out with them outside of work hours. They didn't say a word.  So if the wedding conversation comes up again, do mention that you are sad because you couldn't afford to invite some friends and blah blah because its your in a tight budget and unfortunately that's how it is. Weddings are expensive and they are crazy to think they are automatically invited. HTH GL!
    Posted by Vans18[/QUOTE]

<div>I will keep this in mind and try to remember this at work. Your right people are always asking about it which makes things even harder. </div>

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    other knotties: Yeah im trying to be nice and not hurting any feelings to i think telling them its close friends and family only is the best solution. Either way it goes someones feelings are going to be hurt. Keeping it this way would save me tons of cash too...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards