Michigan-Detroit

Videographers- Mike Staff or Sondeyfilm?

I've been searching for a videographer and I think I have it narrowed down to two:  Mike Staff Productions or Sondeyfilm HD.  Does anyone have experience with either of these companies? 

TIA!!!

Re: Videographers- Mike Staff or Sondeyfilm?

• edited December 2011
    I contacted Mike Staff when I was looking for a videographer and they were terribly expensive compared to some of the other videographers available. 

I've never heard of the other one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We went through Mike Staff for video and they were so awesome to work with.  Yes, they were a little more expensive than other places, but you totally get what you pay for.  There is a little video clip from them in my siggy if you want to see a sample of their work.
  • edited December 2011
    Steph - We used SondeyFilm HD 2 weeks ago. We are supposed to be getting our video early next week! We LOVED Mark & Cheri. They were so willing to work with us, & truly wanted us to be happy with the final product.
    Their prices are very reasonable & although their work isn't top of the line since they're such a small company, they were exactly what we wanted!
    They have been amazing with email & more than accomodating in any question or request we've had.

Page me if you have any questions or if you want to know about our final video after we get it.
    I would highly recommend them. They were definitely one of our most reliable vendors!!
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
  • kellyg1015kellyg1015 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The thing I don't like about Mike Staff is that the people are hired out, so I don't think you can get the "connection" that you might get with the other company.  They do the same thing with their DJ's...I've been to a couple of weddings where they were the DJ and it was hit or miss, you could tell they weren't giving it their all.

I never heard of the other company, so can't comment on them one way or the other.  But I would use them over Mike Staff if all things were equal.  We're using Forever Cherished Productions, which might be out of your budget for video, judging by the two you are comparing, but worth a look :)

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_videographers-mike-staff-sondeyfilm?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:a34df28a-2c4d-42e5-933b-86cd39166898Post:f059779c-1352-4f82-8e48-601ca7ec97cf">Re: Videographers- Mike Staff or Sondeyfilm?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The thing I don't like about Mike Staff is that the people are hired out, so I don't think you can get the "connection" that you might get with the other company. 
    Posted by kellyg1015[/QUOTE]

I looked into Mike Staff as well, but I heard this exact complaint. They offer so many services, they're not really good at any one thing.

We are using Bruce Mandel with Mandel Video Productions in Rochester. He's lowered his prices this year to account for the bad economy, so our package is about $1400. We met with him and saw some samples of his work and he was great. He's a very friendly guy and his work was really good. I am looking forward to having him at my wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    In response to my previous post....
    We got our video back today!! It's AMAZING!!!

I would highly, highly, highly recommend SondeyFilm!!!!!!

They get 2 big thumbs up from us :):):)
    **Beth**
    Old Planning Bio
    FOR SALE!!

May 15, 2010
    image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards