Military Brides

table names

Hi ladies,

So FI and I have chosen to not have a full military wedding.  He is getting married in a tux and changing into his dress blues later in the evening and we are requesting our guests who are in the service wear their dress uniforms.  And that is really the extent of it...so one idea I had was to use navy ships names as our table names instead of numbers....any thoughts?? I don't know if this is super corny! :)  TIA! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: table names

• mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine did places that were important to her and FI and places where close family and friends lived.  She had people send her postcards from those places with a special message on them and put them at the tables. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I think the ship name idea is cute. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DanBry12DanBry12 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are also not having a "full" military wedding but FI will be in blues and our tables will be significan Marine Corps battles (Iwo Jima, Tripoli, etc). So I think it's a great idea Wink 

Its our way to honor the Marines side but not be completely over the top.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Samantha175Samantha175 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the idea of the ship names as table names...kinda makes me wish I was having a Navy wedding rather than a non-military wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We used MC themes for table names (battles, significant leaders, "names" ie devildog, jarhead, etc)  DH wrote up some information about each and put the info in picture frames at each table.  We used it as a way to add some MC flavor as well as give our guests an opportunity to learn something about the MC.
    I think its a great idea though :)  (ps, we got married on the USS North Carolina, so I cast a vote for that to be one of your table names!)
  • mysticlmysticl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Samantha, you could probably still do something like that.  I've noticed alot of people who don't have a full military wedding but incoroporate something into the wedding.  And then there is me, we didn't set out to have a military wedding but somehow it ended up with the ceremony in a base chapel, the reception in one of the clubs on the same base, and FI in his dress blues.  I swear it was not the plan, it just ended up that way and we totally feel it is for the best.  Except for that spread sheet I have to fill out for OPCON.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

My FH is Army (go Army) and I got a list of all the bases kes been assigned and using them for table names.

Additionally, we are currently awaiting orders for the next duty station.
    We are setting up a world map on cork board at the reception with all the army bases identified.
    Guests will take their place card and a thumbtack and stick their card to where they think we will be stationed.
    The guests who chosen the cloest (if not actual) base will get a door prize.

• edited December 2011
    I like the idea - Its cute but not too corny ..... however I would make sure to put them in a certain order (alpha)  or map out the tables for your guests so they know where USS Name is.
    :)
  • amyl2585amyl2585 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are having a military wedding. we are doing the USMC traits as our table numbers. have fun with it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards