Retro and Vintage Weddings

Vintage Hairstyles

I'm having a classic old hollywood vintage theme to our wedding. I'm wearing a mermaid gown, a black fur stole, pearl necklace, etc. I might get a black crinoline but i'm not for certain yet! Anyway I am looking for some vintage hairstyle photos, because I've googled every phrase I could think of and cannot find anything i like. i found that the models on dress designer Simone Carvalli's website have the sleek curl 30's hairstyle I am looking for, but i want a better photo of the hair itself. Carvalli's website is obviously focussed more on the dresses than the hair.

Any photo ideas from you ladies?

Re: Vintage Hairstyles

• Have you looked up film stars pics from the 1930s? I'm thinkin that if you could find an actress with a similar face shape, you could borrow ideas from her pics. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_vintage-hairstyles-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:667Discussion:7065bd44-6cc7-45a7-a4a6-ee6c431c86efPost:a4586231-ab61-4aa0-baea-e2673ba1579d">Re: Vintage Hairstyles</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked up film stars pics from the 1930s? I'm thinkin that if you could find an actress with a similar face shape, you could borrow ideas from her pics. 
    Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

After lookin at the Simone dresses Veronica Lake came to mind!  Google her!
  • Look for fingerwaves. They're supercute and very vintage =)  Love your dress description!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • There is a vintage hairstyles book on the market right now that you can pick up at Amazon or the like.  It has a lot of fun styles in it. "Vintage Hairstyles with Modern techniques" I believe is the name. Dita Von Teese also has a variety of great hairdos you might google her as well. 
    photo c603d655-594e-44b6-a311-72f04e7a561b_zpscca2447c.jpg My Little Sweetheart Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards