Would you recom a wedding in December?

It's either December or March! 

Would appreciate your comments.
Thanks!

Re: Wedding during winter!

• LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A wedding in December would be beautiful - so many decor options, but if you are comparing the months...well December is usually a family time, so it may be hard for some guests to get together to celebrate your wedding, depending on how close it is until Christmas.  A lot of venues will have Christmas parties booked there as well, so you may have fewer options.

March is pretty quiet in terms of wedding season, and it would be a nice option as well - Spring is just beginning!  You may get some discounts or have more availability during this time.

Either way, be considerate of your family and friend situation, and ultimately - what YOU want!
  • edited December 2011
    Our wedding is at the end of March, and it has been very easy to find vendors, etc. December would be nice too. The only thing I would be concerned about would be weather, depending on where you live.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Sunny0710Sunny0710 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think December is beautiful- you might get a gorgeous snow and it's such a wonderful time of year. You can use dark reds, golds, hunter green, silver... lots of great colour choices! I find March (in Ontario at least) is usually pretty slushy and doesn't have great weather, so IMO I'd do December. The only challenge with that is that it is a busy month for everyone, so I'd take a date at the beginning of the month and send STD's early.
    Good luck :)

• edited December 2011
    You'll definitely save a ton of money by having an off-peak-season wedding with all your vendors! There is definitely something romantic about snow, I think.
  • edited December 2011
    It would depend on where you are.  If you are in Alberta, Saskatchewan, or Manitoba either month could be sketchy.  I was supposed to be at a wedding today and couldn't go because of a winter storm.  It sucks. It was the only thing that kept my FI and I from a winter wedding.  So we picked April.  (Got to go around a lot of things when you live in SK:  farmers in the family so harvest & seeding, no March or early April too slushy, no way I would ever do July or August cause it can be anywhere from 20-40 Celsius here) You do have to think of everything.  Talk to your FI about it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards