Texas-Houston

Dress Shopping

Ok ladies...Im about to start setting up appts. What shops do you recommend? Budget is $1200 maybe willing to go $1500. I love mermaid/trumpet style. I am going to go to Venturas and Parvani Vida, where else?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dress Shopping

• tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Princess Bridal in Spring. {Only suggesting so you can be on my side and we can go hang out! LOL!}
  • edited December 2011
    Aww Ty..I may have to do that lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-houston_dress-shopping-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:121Discussion:a76b0c24-37ef-46d9-89e5-bf56e68e4dfbPost:991a550c-68cb-45ff-8b0c-588bf141274c">Re: Dress Shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Princess Bridal in Spring.</strong> {Only suggesting so you can be on my side and we can go hang out! LOL!}
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

I second this.  I found my dress here :)

I also had a good experience at Venturas. Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • jalafajalafa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found mine at Brickhouse Bridal...I didn't have a great experience at Princess Bridal unfortunately but a lot of people have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • natshoon2natshoon2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to Ventura Bridal located off of North yale. I had a great experience and I was able to find a unique dress. My bridal consultant was Jessica and she helped alot. The building looks kind of old from the outside, but the dresses are beautiful. Hopes this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    I purchased my first dress from brickhouse bridal. I had a good experience. Buttttt.....I changed my mind on the dress so I went to nearlyevery store in Houston. I ended up finding my dream dress at Bridal Depot. I would have never thought I would find my dress there because it is not a very "glam" place. Despite, the girl was super nice and gave me an awesome deal, considering this is my second dress. Ventura was not willing to budge on their prices.They sold my dress for $500 MORE. All in all I suggest trying smaller places because they will work with you more on pricing and they have some of the same dresses as glam shops. Impressions Bridal in Webster is also a good spot to try.  
  • chrysti1313chrysti1313 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Who has the best sale prices? My budget is $700-$900, but I really want a Maggie Sottero/Kittychen type feather/pick up type dress so I am going to struggle. I am about to hit Houston Bridal Gallery, The Bridal Depot, Weddings by Debbie and Im thinking Ventura last....not getting good feedback on them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards