Hawaii
Options

Good place to stay in Wailea Area

Anyone have any suggests on good places to stay in the Wailea area? FI and i will be moving to that side of the island after the wedding for 3 nights. We'd like to stay somewhere kind of nice, but not to expensive.

Re: Good place to stay in Wailea Area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Our hotel was the Marriott Wailea.  I think the Makena Beach was a notch cheaper than that.  Our friends stayed at the Grand Champions which is a really nice condo neighborhood -- full kitchens, etc.  May not be needed for just 3 nights, though.  Kamaole Sands in Kihei just up the street seems popular as well.

Do you prefer a hotel or condo?
  • Options
    Taina747Taina747 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We stayed at the Hotel Wailea (NOT Grand Wailea).  It's a smaller boutique hotel, includes breakfast and is very affordable compared to other hotels.  The grounds are beautiful!  Every room is a suite, so it's incredibly spacious.  Living room, bedroom, kitchenette, bathroom.  Staff there are very friendly and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.  I highly recommend it, especially if you're looking for something more private.  Only thing is it's not right on the beach, but they provide a shuttle that takes you there - they share the same beach as the Grand Wailea where you can get towels, and umbrellas set up. 
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are fine with either a hotel or a condo. Our wedding and honeymoon trip will be 3 weeks in all and we figure some places we will stay on in hotels and others in condos.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kimmy - We always stay at Kamaole Sands in Kihei and book through VRBO.  We actually just rented out a condo for our 1st anniversary trip - I can't wait!  I love the Wailea area but there isn't really anything you can walk to there.  We love Kihei because it is a normal little town, not too touristy, and you can walk to stores and restaurants and it's just perfect.  We have stayed at Kam Sands 5 or 6 times now, it's in South Kihei, very close to Wailea and across the street from some amazing beaches.  I highly recommend it!  :) 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards