August 2014 Weddings
Options

IS there anything you can do if wedding is in two years?

My fiance and I have decided to move our wedding to august 2014 because of his school and he wants to make sure we have a house and him having a good job before we get married. Is there anything i can do from now until a year from now? I know trying on a dress is gonna be out of the question and i know booking a vendor is good to have too. but is there anything else i can do or just wait till a year out to start getting things together?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: IS there anything you can do if wedding is in two years?

• Options
    Defnitely decide on a date, which it sounds like you already have. Hash out a budget next, and from there you can decide on how many guests you want to have, and start looking at venues. They tend to book up pretty quickly. You can also start thinking about any theme that you may want, or what color scheme you want to have.
  • Options
    Agree with sonya. We have actually done a lot already because I'm freaking out.

Date
    Colors
    Bridal Party Chosen
    Guest List
    Budget
    Venue
    My Dress
    DJ
    Centerpieces
    Invites (DIY)
    Save the Dates (DIY)
    Ring pillow, flutes, cake knife, flower girl basket, etc.

Hope this gives you ideas. Write things down and research everything. Once you get a ballpark on guest count, head out to venues. They will start booking quickly starting in Jan-March in my opinion
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ahende04ahende04 member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    I started with the most important to me. I got engaged in September then I picked our day, my bridal party, colors, looked into venues and looked at photography. I will probably wait another few months before adding anything else. I know that being in my last year of college and trying to plan a wedding would be hard if I started in Aug 2013....so I started early, but finding it is not that early!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards