Florida-North Florida

St Augustine Cake prices

I am getting married in St. Augustine and i was wondering what are the average ckae prices and which Bakeries would you recommend?

Re: St Augustine Cake prices

• 4cats4us4cats4us member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Publix bakery.  We got a 3 tier cake, and a grooms cake for < $400.  It tasted very good!
  • edited December 2011
    Sweet Weddings - Arlene Flores

She has great prices and will work with your budget.  Her cakes are amazingly beautiful and are SO delicious!  She is also an absolute pleasure to work with.  She is so sweet and accommodating. My Dad and his wife used her for their wedding and my fiance' and I are using her for our wedding in June.  Don't worry too much if you don't hear back from her right away, she WILL get back to you.  She is truly a great person to work with, her cakes are wonderful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • amberhockettamberhockett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ive looked into Sweet Weddings but havent tried to contact them yet what is the average cost. Our budget isnt very low but my FI i think is being a bit Cheap when it comes to the cake. I know in the end he will give but just wondering so i have something to go on

• edited December 2011
    Honestly if  you guys talk to her about what you want to pay she will work with you.  We are paying about $650 for a 4 tiered cake (and 2 sheet cakes) that will serve up to 250 people.  We choose our flavors, designs and did a tasting! Very delicious and we thought it was priced pretty reasonable. I have my appointment in about 1 1/2 months to finalize everything the next time I'm in St. Augustine. Let me know what you think if you end up contacting her.  Where in St. Augustine are you all getting married?
  • edited December 2011
    We used Defore's bakery.  Their cake is amazing!!!  Our guests are still talking about how good it was even though our wedding was 2 years ago (my MIL actually made a comment about it on Christmas lol).  We had a 4 tier cake covered in chocolate frosting and poured chocolate ganache with a different flavor for each tier and it was around $400 (we got a quote from Publix too, and I remember Defore's price was only a little bit higher but they had more flavors to choose from).  
    BFP #1 Sept. 2011 EDD 5.25.12 missed MC on 11.17.11 | BFP #2 4.30.12 11dpo EDD 1.10.13 | Grow, baby, grow!
    01.03.09 {MARRIED BIO}
    imageimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for all the advice im actually getting married at the Casa Monica Hotel in St Augustine its beautiful
  • edited December 2011
    That is a beautiful venue! One of the best in St. Augustine!!  My fiance' and I are getting married at the River House in St. Augustine, but my Dad and his wife got married at the Casa Monica about 5 years ago!  It was a great time!  Congrats and enjoy!
  • LouWho19LouWho19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting my cake from Defore's.  The owners are awesome and we're getting a 3-tiered cake for a little less than $500 with three different flavors on each tier.
    Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awe some thanks girls!!
  • lilmccafflilmccaff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweet Cakes is very close to Casa Monica and her cakes are amazing!!!  I just had her make one for a girlfriends bridal shower.  I can send you some pics if you send me your e-mail and are interested.  She has done 2 cakes for me and they are always the highlight of the party!!    Arlene is seriously awesome!!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards